prologue

You think I'd be used to this by now, moving around from place to place. You see, I'm originally from California, but then had to move to New York for a year, due to my mom's work. Then from there we moved back to California for a few years and just as I got back into the swing of things, they told me we were moving to London.

Most kids would be excited to move around, meet new people and see new things. But what about the people you leave behind? The ones you have close friendships with, even past relationships?

Being the new girl wasn't a foreign concept to me, in fact I was used to it.

"Samantha, you're going to be late for your first day if you don't hurry up!" My mom urged from downstairs just as I finished getting ready.

"I know mom!" I muttered under my breath. She could be such a pain, I swear. I stood up straightening my skirt out after pulling on some new white vans to go with it. I sighed looking around my newly arranged bedroom before picking up my bag and grabbing my phone on the way out.

"You look lovely," She complimented while gathering her things, getting ready to leave herself.

"Thanks," I smiled, pulling out my keys. Just as I was about to open the door and walk out to my car, she called my name, "Yes?" I asked turning to look at her.

"I know this is hard for you, but this is the last time, I promise," she assured, offering me an apologetic smile. I nodded my head, opening the door and walking out. I didn't bother replying because I didn't believe it one bit. She and my father had said similar things each and every time we moved, just to move once again a few months later.

To be honest, I was tired of moving. I was tired of leaving all my friends behind, growing attached to people only to have them taken away. But then again, I guess there were perks to moving constantly. I mean, for one I've always wanted to go to London. Plus it was a clean slate, new beginning.

Either way, I didn't have a choice and might as well learn to enjoy it.

~~~~~~

Everyone's eyes were on me as I climbed out of my mustang. I took a deep breath, grabbing my things from my my passenger seat before shutting my door and making my way into the school. I could feel everyone's eyes on me, making me a bit nervous. No matter how many times I've had to do this,being the new girl was still nerve wrecking. I ignored the comments from passing boys (who had their girlfriends on their arms), just wanting to get inside, grab my schedule and get on with the day.

As I was walking I couldn't help but notice a group of people surrounding a black range rover. There were 5 boys and two girls with them. All taking and laughing about stuff, while one boy with curly, brown hair sat on the hood of the car, watching me walk by. He wasn't shouting suggestive comments my way or whistling as I walked by. Normally, I would have been relieved if it wasn't for his wandering gaze.

I noticed how people walking by, seemed to avoid going near them. I shook it off, turning my head to continue to walk when someone shouted;

"Hey babe!" An Irish accent shouted, causing me to turn my head the direction it came from to see a blond boy walking over from the group of people by the range rover.

"Yes?" I asked, politely looking over his features. He had blonde hair but it was obvious he dyed it due to the brown roots that were beginning to show. He had piercing blue eyes and a flawless smile. He grinned hearing me speak.

"You're new here aren't ya?" He asked, his accent strong as he looked me over, a small smirk painted on his face.

I nodded my head slowly,"What gave it away?" I joked.