not taking chances

"What are you doing tonight?" Harry asked as we walked out of the school hand in hand.

I shrugged, "Probably hangout with my parents. They're supposed to be coming back tonight," I answered blankly, "Why?" I asked looking up towards him, his hair tucked under a beanie making him look even hotter if that was possible.

"The lads and I are going to meet up with some of our friends tonight, the girls are coming, you should too," He spoke, looking me directly in the eyes as he did so. This boy sure was keen on eye contact..

"What time?" I asked, biting my upper lip as I thought of what I had planned.

"I'll pick you up at 6," He answered, his lips quirking upward into a playful smirk. I rolled my eyes at his cocky tone but found myself nodding anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where are you going?" My mom asked as she sat at the dinner table eating her lasagna.

"Out with my friends," I replied, picking up my bag and placing my wallet and phone in it.

"What friends?" she inquired making me roll my eyes.

"Eleanor, Louis, Zayn, Niall, Perrie, Liam and Harry. I do have friends mom," I answered, my voice feigning hurt as I looked at her.

She rolled her eyes knowing what I was doing, "I wasn't implying you had no friends, Samantha. I was simply wondering since I haven't seen Ali or Jenna around lately," she informed, making the smile that was once on my face falter a bit at the mention of the two. Sure Ali apologized but that still doesn't change what she did.

My mom seemed to notice my change of mood as she frowned,  her forehead creasing as she looked at me concerned, "Is everything alright?" She asked softly.

I nodded my head, placing a small smile on my face, "Yeah, we're just not friends anymore," I informed, acting as though it didn't bother me in the slightest. My mom slowly nodded her head, before going back to eating her dinner. Meanwhile, My dad, who had been staring at me for a while now, decided to speak up.

"Are these the people that stayed the night last time?" He asked, eyeing me.

I nodded my head making him continue, "So I assume this Harry kid is the same one from not only that night but from when you were gawking at him outside the cafe," He more like stated then asked. Either way, I nodded my head slowly. A blush crawling across my cheeks.

"Still friends?" He asked, smiling at me mockingly.

I couldn't help but grin, nodding my head, "Yeah."

He chuckled, "I have to say this because these moments don't happen often so; I told you so," he teased making both my mother and I to laugh.

"Why are you so cool with this?" I asked, still laughing.

"Yeah, I thought the father's were suppose to be the hard asses," My mom spoke up from her seat at the table making me laugh.

"Because I know you're not dumb enough to do anything I wouldn't approve of and if he so much as lays a finger on you the wrong way, I'll find him," My dad threatened, making my eyes widen yet a laugh escaped my lips as he chuckled.

"No, but I'd like to meet him sometime," My dad spoke, once our laughter died down.

I nodded my head, "I'll let him know, I'm sure he wants to meet you guys as well," I smiled, pulling out my phone as it beeped, telling me I had a message.

To: Samantha<3
From: Harryyy<3

I'm outside with the others. x

I smiled slightly at the message, quickly replying that I was on my way before tucking my phone back into my. We obviously still needed to work on his messaging skills.

"I have to go, they're waiting for me," I informed my parents, quickly going over to them and giving them each a hug.

"Behave and tell Harry to keep his hands to himself!" My dad called out after me as I opened the door, walking outside. I rolled my eyes at his comment. I grinned when I saw Harry's car waiting in my drive way. The window in back seat door on Harry's side (the right side of the car) rolled down to reveal Louis, who stuck his head at the window.

"Hurry up princess! We have places to go, things to do, and people to meet so run your ass!" He shouted from the window causing the car to erupt with laughter as I blushed at his comment, speed walking to the car.

"Hi," I breathed as I climbed into the passenger seat, shutting the door behind me.

The boys were in the back along with Eleanor and Perrie who were seated on Zayn and Louis' laps, were all still laughing while the girls tried to shush them.

"Oh and by the way, Louis," I mentioned as Harry started to drive taking on of his hands off the wheel, to hold mine.

Louis stopped laughing, looking up at me with a large grin on his face, "Yeah?" He managed to get out, his face red from laughter.

"You're an ass," I answered casually, making everyone in the car erupt with laughter including Harry who snuck a look at me, lowering his left eye into a wink.

~~~~~~~~

"Ed, this is my girlfriend Samantha. Ed's one of my best mates along with Josh but he's probably running around here with some girl," Harry introduced me to his ginger friend.

"Girlfriend?" Ed asked looking at Harry to make sure he'd heard him correctly, Harry nodded his head grinning. Ed smiled, turning to look towards me, "She's gorgeous mate," He muttered causing me to blush earning a glare from Harry.

"Thank you," I smiled in return.

"Well it was great meeting you, Samantha," Ed grinned, making me nod my head smiling.

"Call me Sam and it was great meeting you as well," I returned, my eyes widening in shock as he hugged me. Didn't see that coming.

I laughed as Harry pulled us apart quickly, "Calm down, Harry. It was just a hug," I cooed, seeing how jealous and protective he was. Ed seemed to notice as well, patting him on the back.

"Alright, I'll catch you later, Harry!" Ed bid goodbye offering me one last smile before walking off into the group of people where we had lost Liam and them as we entered. We were in someone's house, Ed's I think or maybe it was Nick's? Who knows.

Once Ed had left our side, I turned to face Harry again, "You really need to stop being so jealous," I murmured looking him in the eyes as he placed his hands on my waist, pulling me closer to him.

"I will as soon as you stop giving me reasons to be," He muttered, his low husky accent filling my ears as he whispered into them.

"It was a hug Harry! And he's your friend, do you really think he'd try something on me right in front of you?" I murmered back, my lips brushing against his as he leaned down towards me, placing his forehead on mine.

"Maybe, maybe not, but I'm not taking any chances," he whispered back, his warm, alcohol tinged breath hitting my lips before his did.