turned the other way

Watching Harry's face as he looked at the photo told me all I needed to know. It was still an open wound to him, whatever it was. I instantly regretted bringing it up. Watching his relaxed, content composure change so suddenly.

Great going Samantha.

"Forget I brought it up," I mumbled apologetically, knowing whoever she was, was a sensitive subject. Who was I to ask about his private life this soon into a relationship. Eleanor had just gotten done telling me he didn't trust people easily and that him, dating me was a major step.

I was jumping the gun and all I could hope was that it wasn't loaded.

The silence that filled the room was eerie and gave me the feeling that it was too late. The words had been spoken and it was as if I had just poured vodka on the open wound. My head lay on his chest as it rose and feel a bit unsteadily, His eyes still glued to the photo. I just laid there waiting for him to scream and shout at me for bringing it up. But it never came.

"Gemma," He breathed, breaking the silence causing my heart rate to speed up.

"What?" I asked quietly, looking up at him. He adverted his eyes from the photo they had been lingering on for the past 10 minutes and looked down at me. His eyes full of guilt and remorse.

"Her name's Gemma," He clarified, his voice the lowest I've ever heard it, giving it this sexy yet heartbreaking sound to it.

I just remained silent not wanting to pressure him into telling me more, even though I was dying to know.

After a few more minutes of silence, Harry drew out a breath before continuing, "She uh, she was my sister," He added, closing his eyes briefly. I lifted my head from his chest slowly, looking at him. I watched as his adam's apple bobbed in his throat as he was trying to swallow whatever emotions were dying to make their way out. To be released.

My mind was wandering everywhere with his words.

Was? What did that mean?

Harry opened his mouth to talk, but no words came out, causing him to cover his face with his large hands. I frowned, hearing him let out a shaky breath.

Sitting up, I began rubbing his back as he tried to calm himself, "You don't have to tell me anymore, Harry," I whispered, trying to soothe him.

Harry shook his head, removing his hands from his face and looking at me. It was then that I could see his eyes. They were a darker green then usual, glossy from the tears that he forbade to release. He was trying so hard to keep it together.

"No," He breathed breathy, "I need to let it out. I need to," he pleaded, his voice filled with certainty causing me to bit my lip, sitting beside him.

"Then I'm all ears. Just don't feel pressured in telling me everything, okay?" I spoke softly, my left hand rubbing his back soothingly as I sat on his right hand side.

He was going to open up. He was going to open up to me.

"But that's exactly it, you deserve to know," He murmured, looking at me. I gave him a small nod, telling him to go ahead.

I watched as he took a deep breath, closing his eyes while doing so, "We were really close. I mean, we had our issues like normal brothers and sisters but at the end of the day we were always there for each other," He informed his eyes staring straight ahead into the wall in front of us that held multiple posters and pictures among it.

"Our whole family was close back then. We would go on family vacations and out to dinner every Friday. We even used to go play board games on the table Sunday nights," He added, smiling sadly at the thought. I frowned with his words. He seemed so lost and disconnected.