prologue

An orange tom popped out from a bush. His pelt gleamed in the sunlight as he walked through a forest. The air felt cold the lake was freezing. He jumped in the air to catch a falling yellow leaf. He spun around suddenly as a she cat approached him. "Acting like a kit are we?" she asked her brown pelt shaking with laughter. "Possibly, it's just so pretty out here this time of season" the orange tom replied. The she cat nodded "You should leave the leaf chasing for the new kits!" The orange tom's eyes opened in surprise as the she cat spoke. "I have only been gone for a morning and she gave birth!?" the brown she cat nodded as the tom spoke. Her eyes had happiness in them "yes, there is two of them" she said as they began to walk along a stream "a tom and a shecat" the orange tom smiled "it's nice to have some more kin in the clan, what do they look like?" he said. "The tome is a pure blacl. He has beautiful hazel eyes. Oh, and the she cat she has this brilliant shade of gray as her pelt that just sparkled in the light. She also has darker tabby stripes. She has blue eyes just like her mother's. Actaully her whole pelt almost looks like her!" she laughed then went into the camp entrance. She stopped and looked back ''oh i almost forgot to tell you, we have to go back to the mountains"