chapter 22: lights

CrowFur frowned as he settled into a makeshift nest that night. There wasn't even any need for us to come here and we lost nightclaw and almost Whiskertail he thought as he closed his eyes. He opened his eyes again while the den was filled with darkness. Cloudstorm's tail swished out of the den. After a moment he got up and padded out of the den cloudstorm as nowhere to be seen. The moon was blotted out by clouds. He heard the voices of some cats near, but he didn't reconize them. He listened for a few moments should i get the others? he wondered. His thought were interrupted as he heard a scream. He burst into a run and started for where the scream came from. The stone scraped his paws as he burst through a narrow gully. A small muddy pond was in the center of the clearing in front of him. A cat was standing in it while another sat by the edge. The cat from the water suddenly eruped and slammed their body into the other cat, Crowfur ran forward only to see his sister and cloudstorm wrestling. "you'll pay for that" whiskertail said as she lightly bit down on his throat. Crowfur frowned "what are you two doing here?" he asked them. Whiskertail got off of cloudstorm "we just went out to find some water or food" she said.

CrowFur turned his back to walk to the den "you scared me almost to starclan, besides you'll be tired tommorow" he didn't wait for the response and padded back to his makeshift nest. After a few moments cloudstorm and whiskertail came into the den. I don't like cloudstorm he said to himself he scratched Eagle, even though he does love Whiskertail. He sighed and turned onto his side. he closed his eyes once more and fell asleep. After what seemed like a moment he opened them again. Sunlight was trickling into the den so he got up and yawned. After hunting until way after sunhigh he had some of his belly full and they started walking once more. Eagle joined him in the back as they continued on. The scratch on his face was still visible. He will probably have a scar by next moon he thought while they chatted for a bit. "Did you have a mate? In the clans i mean" Eagle asked, Crowfur shook his head "one day i might, i just think it's foolish to fall in love when you are just a new warrior" Eagle shrugged "maybe, hey what do you think my warrior name will be?" crowfur hadn't really thought about it.

"do you really want to be a warrior?" he asked "i mean sure there is a lot of cats there, but there is a lot of chores too" crowfur said, Eagle gave him a strange look "then what am i supposed​ to do? Just go live without knowing my kin? I think i will like it, stoneteller never helped me with chores at all" he replied. Crowfur sighed, the mountains seemed to stretch on forever. After a while thought the rough stone and grass turned greener with occasional flowers. The ground underfoot became softer, though it bothered Eagle. Crowfur smiled as he suddenly saw a line of trees. "that's the forest that connects with the clans!'' The rest of the group was much happier once they had cover above their heads. "so eagle's can't see us here?" Eagle asked. Crowfur laughed "there isn't eagles here! Maybe a hawk or two occasionally in Windclan, but never eagles!" Eventually the sun went yet again. "this is it" FlameFeather said "the next night you will sleep in your own nest!"
_________________________________________________________________##***##_______________________________________________________________

 "this is it" FlameFeather said "the next night you will sleep in your own nest!"_________________________________________________________________##***##_______________________________________________________________

AHH ITZ A SARY WAROR!!