Chapter 24: Holly

CrowFur raced ahead through the forest. He heard Whiskertail laughing and FlameFeather telling them not to fall in thw river. CrowFur slowed down and slipped into thw River. He reached the other side and shook his hind paw. FlameFeather stood tall and walked through the bramble barrier. CrowFur smiled excitedly as he heard someone shout on the other side of Whiskertail. He emerged into camp as a few cats were coming out their dens to meet them. "Finnaly your back!" He heard someone yell. "I thought I smelled you a minute ago" someone else said. FoxStar bounded out of his den. "You've been gone for moons!" He exclaimed. As he rubbed his head on FlameFeather's shoulder. She smiled "we should've stayed longer! Its a lot cooler in the mountains!" She said. They settled down and got to eat some fish. CrowFur spoke with his mouth full to TinyPelt. "I missed fish so much!" He said. Tinypelt smiled "well I missed you, the only person I have haf to play with are SunMuzzle's kits! You have to see them they are adorable!" She replied. Everyone asked a bunch of questions. "Who's this?" Someone asked sniffing Eagle. "Is that StoneTeller?" He heard someone gasp. "Where is Nightclaw?" IvyBloom asked. The fun of answering question disapeard.

"He, he died" FlameFeather said "he was pushed off the side of the mountain by a wave." Several cats around the area gasped. Suddenly something else struck in IvgBloom's eyes. "I'm so sorry, but I forgot to tell you..." She said "the day you left Pebblestripe was found on the border, dead" CrowFur stood there shocked. Two of us died and two almost got carried off by eagles he thought all of it just for eagle and stoneteller. CrowFur backed away slowly while no one was looking at him. He ran through the forest and looked down at the lake. After a minute he crossed thw Greenleaf two leg place, which only had a few monsters by it. The heat from the sun beat down on his fur as He sat by the border. He closed his eyes for a minute before he heard a ruckus. He saw as a cat streaked across the border. He heard two leg voices as the cat skidded across the halfbridge and plummeted into the water. He waited a minute, but didn't hear any two legs. He ran across the hard stone and looked off the HalfBridge. He saw a paw sink into the water, so he jumped in. After a minute he tugged the cat to shore by its scruff.

He painted as he saw a she cat at his feet puke water out of her mouth. She had dark ginger fur and deep green eyes. "Are you okay?" He asked. She stood up and turned to face him. "I'm f-fine. Thank you" she said. CrowFur smiled at the sound of her voice "your welcome" he said. She tried to take a step forward. "No, no no." CrowFur said to her "sit down." The she cat did and closed her eyes for a second. "Two leg kits scared me so bad I wasn't looking where I was going" she said as she put her head on her paws. Crowfur nodded "and you'll have to stay here for a day, you can't reach camp in this heat and your lungs need to rest" he said. The she cat turned her head slightly "I've never seen you before, are you a medicine cat?" CrowFur laughed "no, my sister fell through ice a few months ago." He replied "my names CrowFur" the shecat's eyes lit up. "You were in the mountains!" Like before in camp questions flew at him. "My name is Hollystripe" she said.

______________________##***##______________________