Chapter 15: waves

Whiskertail got up as she saw crowfur wakeup. She smiled, she thought he was dead. Nightclaw helped him up. She ran over to him. He groaned as he got onto his feet. "What happened?" He asked. Whiskertail licked his ear. "An eagle got you then when we fought it to save you, you fell onto a rock" He tried to flex his arm muscles "this whole mountain is rock" Whiskertail looked at the cuts on his back. "I don't think the talons got very far in your back" she said. FlameFeather walked into the small cavern they had found with cloudstorm following her. They where carrying a mouse and a shrew. crowfur sat back down and took a bite of the shrew "what would I give for a fat fish right now" he said passing the rest of the shrew to Nightclaw. She ate some of the mouse and passed it to cloudstorm. The sun was still up when they laid down. "Will you be well enough to travel tommorow?" FlameFeather asked CrowFur. He nodded "I just need to rest" he said. Whiskertail laid on the dusty floor and shivered. CloudStorm curled up next to her. She closed her eyes and fell asleep. She woke up the next morning as bright light poured onto her eyes.

She sat up and stretched. She tried to groom her matted fur as everyone else woke up. She watched as CrowFur stood up stiffly. She helped him out of the cavern. "I can't wait to find the cave today" cloudstorm said as they climbed up a rock tumble. Whiskertail nodded trying to help CrowFur up a small boulder. "Here let me help" he said pulling him up. Crowfur thanked him and cloudstorm stayed by his side. They reached a hill and scrambled over it. Cloudstorm pushed CrowFur over it. She waited at the bottom for them. It was already sun high and she couldn't see a pool or a cave anywhere. They continued walking for a long while. They started walking along a ledge. Whiskertail smiled as she saw cloudstorm helping CrowFur along. Suddenly CrowFur tripped and cloudstorm lunged forward as he fell off the ledge. He screamed as he fell. Whiskertail looked down exspecting the worse. She sighed with relief as she saw him sitting on a larger ledge under them. They found a few rocks that lead down to him and they walked over to him. Whiskertail ran up to him as they reached him. He was looking off the ledge "do you see that?" He said. Whiskertail gasped as she turned her head to the side. The mountain had a giant gaping hole in it.

She heard the other cats gasp also. "The cave" FlameFeather choked out. They looked for a minute for a way down to it, but they just ended up half falling half scrambling down some rocks. They ended up on a stretch of mud from the ledge to the cave. "We finally made it!" Nightclaw said walking forward. Whiskertail tried to shake the mud off her paws. "Why is there even mud here?" Whiskertail said "I thought the pool dried up" cloudstorm shrugged. Suddenly she heard a roaring noise. FlameFeather yelled "get back!" They ran back towards the ledge. She was pushing CrowFur up as she realized Nightclaw was still behind them. she turned around and started to run when cloudstorm grabbed he a pushed her up onto the ledge "what about Nightclaw?" She said. As he scrambled up next to her. As she said that she watched as a wave of water came rushing by them. "Watch out!" FlameFeather yelled as it crashed by their paws. She watched as it consumed Nightclaw. He disappeared under and the water washed over the edge of the cliff.
______________________##***##______________________