chapter 9: shine

Crowpaw kicked his paws against the stream bed. He gasped as he shot through the surface of the water. He paddled back to the river bank carrying a silver fish. Darkear was waiting for him. "You probably have scared off all the fish around here!" he said smiling. Crowpaw flicked the water off of his ears "if i hadn't of gotten it unstick, then i-it would of been a waste of prey!" he said starting to walk back to camp, he picked up another fish of the ground and darkear picked up the last two. They arrived at camp and he set his fish on the ground. Ivybloom walked over to him "foxstar wants you to come to the gathering tonight" she said "will you tell whiskerpaw also?" crowpaw nodded and walked away, looking for his sister. She was sitting by the rock pile sharing tongues with cloudstorm. "we are going to the gathering tonight" he said to her. Whiskerpaw jumped up with joy "finally! We have been apprentices for almost three moths now!" she said.

Later that night Crowpaw followed Darkear over the tree bridge. Windclan was already there, waiting for the other cats. Soon Thunderclan and Shadowclan soon arrived. Breezestar stepped forward. "We have two new warriors earlier this moon" she said ''Featherheart and Birchbreeze" the clans chanted their names. Darkstar started talking "we have nothing to report, except my warriors may have scented badger near the far border" he stepped away and Foxstar sat up "Riverclan also has nothing to report, except in the time from last moon the rivers have melted and fish is running well" he dipped his head and SquirrelStar stood up. "We have some new warriors also, crowtail, dawnfur, peachpelt, and Fawnspots." the clans started to chant the names.

"that's quite a lot" crowpaw whispered into whiskerpaw's ear. The clans mingled for a minute then Foxstar signaled for them to leave. Later that night crowpaw collapsed into his nest. Featherpaw snored next to him. He turned over onto his side and stared at the wall of the den. Star light trickled in from it. He closed his eyes and fell asleep. He woke up shortly after as sun light hit his eyes. He shook his pelt and stumbled out of the den. Featherpaw followed behind him. Moontail walked up to them ''You better hurry" she said "your assessment is today'' then she hurried them out of camp.

_________________________##***##__________________________