chapter 1: new

Crowkit opened his eyes. He peered around, he shivered in the den he was in. His sister, whiskerkit moved next to him she sat up and looked at him. "Will it get warmer?" she asked. He shrugged and licked his chest "We will have to go back anyways" he said standing up. She shook her pelt and shivered "Why did we even come here?" she asked. Crowkit rolled his eyes at her question "we needed to show we can become apprentices" he said ducking out of their makeshift den. Snow crunched under his paws as they walked on. "i don't like this, i am going back!" whiskerkit said turning around and stalking away. Crowkit spun around in anger "You can't just leave me! we are so close!" he said. His sister stopped and glared at him "You know we are no where close, why would catmint even grow in winter?" she muttered something then continued walking along.

Crowkit thought for a moment then ran after his sister "i'm just coming because i'm hungry" he said as his stomach growled. His sister stood straighter as he spoke. They walked on "We were only gone for a  fraction of the day, so we should get there pretty fast" he sighed as she talked. we are going to get in so much trouble! he thought as he almost tripped on a snow covered stick. They walked in silence we just needed to prove ourselves, we are already five moons old! he snorted in resentment. Foxstar didn't let them become apprentices early even though they were his kin. Whiskerkit suddenly stopped "Do you hear that?" she said. Crowkit stopped and pricked his ears, suddenly a cat burst through a bush.

A dark tabby tom loomed above him "who are you?" he said looking at them with surprise. Crowkit stuttered as he tried to speak "I- we w-ere u-u-um" whisker kit cut him off "we got lost, w-will you help us get home?" the tom lowered his head and sniffed at them "ah, riverclan kits come on" he said pulling him onto his back "this won't take long. He padded away in the opposite direction, he hesitated a monet then walked out of the pine forest. He skidded across the river and crowkit saw the camp. "th-thank you!" he said as they walked in to camp. Their mother burst out from the nursery "Shadowclan!"

_________________________##***##__________________________