chapter 21: Scars

Whiskertail winced as she stood up on her paw. She slowly walked around for a second before some of the pain ebbed away. "It probably was just stiff" StoneTeller said as he paused in licking his fur. WhiskerTail smiled and laid down. Her stomach growled "what's taking them so long, I haven't eaten in two days!" Whiskertail whined. FlameFeather sighed "we all are hungry, just wait" the sin beat down on her as it became sun high. They moved into the shade and StoneTeller found a plant. He chewed it up and smeared it on her back. "This is called bear root" he said "I think it's good for infection, but I don't remember" Whiskertail shivered at the feeling of the herbs slide down her fur. "Can I go out to find them?" She asked FlameFeather who scoffed and replied "and get carried ff by an eagle again? No way" FlameFeather smiled "besides pebble would kill me" Whiskertail gave her a confused look "I mean pebblestripe" FlameFeather added quickly. Whiskertail laid down and closed her eyes. At this rate qe won't ever get home he thought as he drifted in unconsciousness. She woke up only a moment later. She got up and yawned. She saw she was in a lush forest.

She took a few steps before she remembered the place from one of the dreams CrowFur had deacribed to her Starclan!. She walked around for a moment before she realized there was no scent of cats around. She broke into a run as she looked for some of the cats CrowFur had seen. After a while she just stood there confused. "Why won't you show your self to me!?" She yelled. Suddenly she woke up. FlameFeather was poking hwr belly "they're back" she said. Whiskertail got up and stretched. She smiled as she saw cloudstorm and CrowFur carrying a hawk. Eagle was walking behind him carrying a mouse. CloudStorm purred and rubbed his head on her back when they reached each other. "I'm so glad your mine" he said. Whiskertail was about to question him, but FlameFeather dropped some of the hawk at her feet. Eagle stayed away from the group as they began to eat. "What's wrong with him?" She asked cloudstorm. He shrugged "He probably just got scared from the eagle" cloudstorm replied "or something" Whiskertail finished her morsal of food. They got up and began walking again. "Hows your foot?" CloudStorm asked pushing his back against her side. Whiskertail gently pushed him away. "StoneTeller said it was just stiff or something"

The heat slowly depleted as the sun dipped in the sky. WhiskerTail shivered as the found a space to sleep under a large bush. CloudStorm cuddled up next to Whiskertail as the stars began to show in the sky. Whiskertail sighed as she recalled the dream from earlier today. She laid down hoping Starclan cats woupd talk to her. Why do you even want to talk to them? A voice knawed inside her head. She laid down and quickly fell asleep. She swiftly fell into a dream. She saw cloudatorms's face calling oit to her and kits squealing at her paws. They vanished and she felt her self hit hard stone as she woke up. She got up and shook her pelt. It was still late at night and clouds covered the sky. She padded out of the bush and sat on the ground. She stared up at the black sky as a voice startled her. She turned around and saw just cloudstorm. "What are you doin out here?" He asked. Whiskertail sighed and cloudstorm sat next to her and looked up at the sky. "Do you think we will ever get home?" She said. Cloudstorm looked at her "we will, and we'll have kits that will become great warriors " he said. Whiskertail rested her head on his shoulder "I hope so" she replied. CloudStorm raised his head to the starless sky again "Sometimes I feel as if Starclan has abandoned me" he said. Whiskertail looked into his eyes "me to" she said "me to"

_________________________##***##__________________________