Chapter 13: prepare

Whiskertail collapsed into her nest. She felt the tiredness in her limbs, but yet she couldn't fall asleep. She turned in her nest and looked at the roof of the den. She was very worried, not only for herself, but for cloudstorm. What if we get carried off by an eagle or something!? she thought. Finally her tirdeness pulled her into sleep. i'm just nervous about leaving tomorrow she though as she fell asleep. She woke up as the stars first started disappearing. FlameFeather was shaking her awake ''Get up, we got a long Day" she said smiling. Whiskertail got up and started grooming her pelt. she picked her way through the den and to the prey pile. She picked up a water vole and started to eat it. mouseseed walked over to her and laid some leaves down in front of her. These are traveling herbs, eat them right before you go" she walked back to her den and Whiskertail watched as she gave some to crowfur and cloudstorm also. Ivybloom walked out of the leaders den followed by Foxstar. They gathered around him and he started to speak. "did you all et traveling herbs?" he asked. They nodded "have you all eaten?" they nodded again.

"good" foxstar said. He sat down and sighed. "then it is time for you all to leave. Goodbye" In a few moments they were climbing a hill on their way out of clan territory. Whiskertail and cloudstorm walked side by side as they continued further. They chatted along the way. "Would you ever want kits?" he suddenly asked. Whiskertail blushed under her fur "Uh, yeah. Would you ever?" He smiled "of course" he said "probably only with you though" WHiskertail smiled and licked his ear "of course." they continued walking. They had just lost sight of the warrior territory. They were currently on a large stretch of grass, windclan was behind them. A line of trees was in front of them. The sun was already starting to dip in the sky. Whiskertail's paws began to start to hurt. Suddenly FlameFeather spoke louder "luckily there is no thunder paths behind here and the cave" they went silent again. Crowfur walked a bit faster and came inbetween cloudstorm and Whiskertail. He gave cloudstorm a hard look. "so, what do you think the cave will be like?" he asked Whiskertail. Whiskertail shrugged "The cave sounds huge from the stories, and i want to see the cave of pointed stones"

Cloudstorm walked to the other side of Whiskertail. "i bet it is beautiful in the night, the puddles in the cave probably shine just like your eyes!" whiskertail laughed. CRowfur ran and caught up with Nightclaw. The sun soon started to disappear and nightclaw scouted ahead to find a spot to sleep for the night. The sun was down by the time they reached nightclaw. He had gathered some leaves under a large alder bush. "i''l take the first shift" Flamefeather said. Whiskertail was surprised, they never needed to have someone watch their nest before. She padded​ at the leaves for a second before laying down. Not as comfy as moss... CloudStorm curled up next to her. He shuffled around for a minute until his breathing slowed. She laid there for a minute until she felt her eyes finally close. She woke up a few moments later. Cloudstorm as standing over her. "you got the last shift" he whispered to her. She got up and walked outside. She sat by the entrance and perked her ears up. The sun started to rise after a while and The other cats walked out of the den. FlameFeather stretched "Okay, lets hunt then get on a move"

_________________________##***##__________________________