chapter 4: rocks

whiskerpaw sighed as she waited for her mentor, moontail. Her paws were already freezing from the snow, and just standing in it was making it worse. She could hear her and Foxstar talking inside. Darkear, ivybloom and mouseseed were also in his den. "but we must!" she heard mouseseed shout and then someone growled. Moontail stalked out of the den and disappeared into the warrior den. She emerged moments later with FlameFeather who's fur was sticking out. She probably just woke up and hadn't had a chance to groom yet. "i don't see how we could make a decision without her" Moontail said going back into the bush. Mouseseed exclaimed something then Foxstar whispered something. They continued on like this, whiskerpaw couldn't hear a word they where saying. ''This i-is boring!" she head Crowpaw paw say as he walked over to her.

Whiskerpaw nodded ''They took FlameFeather in and said they couldn't make a decision without her" she said. Crowpaw wasn't paying attention, instead he was looking at the river. "What do you think it will be like?" he asked "like when it's m-melted?" Whiskerpaw shrugged "we will be able to catch fish!" she said peering underneath the ice. Sometimes she would see something silver whisk by underneath. Suddenly Moontail walked out of the den, anger in her eyes. "come on" she said ''I'm taking you out today, we are going to see if the lake is melted at all" Whiskerpaw followed her out of camp, they made a straight line toward the lake. They got there and moontail stepped onto it's frozen surface. "Are their clan boundaries out here?" crowpaw asked. Moontail shook her head It's three tail lengths from the shore" they continued on and soon reached the center of the lake.

A small puddle was on top of the surface and when moontail hit it with her paw some of the ice broke off. "Newleaf is almost here" she said "you will be learning to fish soon!" her voice was cheerful "i'm not bragging or nothing, but i am one of the best fishers in the clan" They turned around and started to walk back to camp. "why where you in Foxstar's den?" whiskerpaw asked. Moontail looked at her "well, mouseseed had a vision and we where determining what to do about it" crowpaw stopped for a second "why where you in their though?" they reached came and moontail motioned for them to follow her. She popped her head into foxstar's den and said something about the lake. He nodded then moontail left.

_________________________##***##__________________________