chapter 5: Tiny

Crowpaw yawned as he got up out of his nest. He shook the moss off his pelt and walked over to where Darkear was sitting. ''we are doing some battling today" he said poking at the tiny thrush at his paws. Crowpaw was surprised, for the last bunch of days they where training their hunting skills. They had been apprentices for almost a moon now and tomorrow night was the gathering. Darkear picked at the thrush so Crowpaw walked over to Tinypaw "hello" she said. Crowpaw replied with a hi. "When do you think i will be made a warrior?" Tinypaw asked him, her eyes full of worry. Crowpaw shrugged "in the next moon or s-so i would expect" Tinypaw shook her head "That's what i though, but i think sapfoot is holding me back" was sighed and got up. Sapfoot called her name so she ran over.

Crowpaw jumped as Darkear spoke behind him. "are you coming?" he said as he walked out of the camp. "you are going to try out some battle moves on Tinypaw" he said as they reached the mossy clearing. Tinypaw and sapfoot were waiting there. "we are going to try this type of ground, twist attack" sapfoot said beckoning Darkear over. Darkear lunged at sapfoot, but she was quick and slipped under his paws. She twisted around and stood up, raking his back with her paws. "Like that" the brown she cat said. Crowpaw stepped into the clearing. "Tinypaw, you attack crowpaw" Sapfoot said as she sat down. He walked around her, meeting he pace then lunged at her torso. She ducked down to go underneath him, but crowpaw landed on her back.

He bowled her over and she hit her head in the ground. Crowpaw got off her "i'm s-so sorry Tinypaw!" he said helping her get up. "You shouldn't be" sapfoot said "She needs something to toughen her up" Tinypaw ducked in embarrassment. They walked back to camp because Tinypaw's head hurt. She walked into mouseseed's den and crowpaw walked over to the freshkill pile and grabbed a small shrew. "Will you take that robbin to the elder's den?" pebble stripe said to him dropping a robin at his feet. He nodded and walked over to the elders den. He dropped it at Halfface's paws "thank you" the she cat said nodding to him "come share it with me, it's pretty plump. "Thank you" crowpaw said as he dug into the bird.

_________________________##***##__________________________