chapter 3: snow

crowkit opened his eyes, he shivered as the snow swirled outside of the den. His mother was licking his head. "it took you long enough" she said smiling to him. He sat up and walked away "apprentices don't have t-their mother's wash them" he said and began washing his pelt. She grabbed whiskerkit who stayed silent. She began to lick her "that's too bad, it was going to be my last time washing you then" The kit's ear pricked up "wait you m-mean?" he asked. Pebblestripe nodded "yep, too bad you will never get properly cleaned again" she had finished cleaning whiskerkit and crowkit walked over to her, feeling guilty. "I wonder what my warrior name will be" whiskerkit said. Their mother smiled "maybe something like whiskerheart, ot ooh! whiskermoon!" Whiskerkit smiled "yours would probably be somehing like crowfeather, or maybe crowice because of your eyes." crowkit shrugged tsgffyjhgvvvvvvjvggfffff (my cat likes to write too!!) "i don't i-in particular like the name crowfeather"

They walked out of the den and saw the clan waiting for them. Their mother sat down and Foxstar stood on the rock pile. "You two kits have waited enough time to become apprentices. I hope in the moon between you sneaking out and now you have learned to think before you do" he paused "whiskerkit please step forward" his sister walked up to foxstar. "from this moment on until you earn your warrior name, riverclan welcomes you as whiskerpaw" she tunred his head to a cat nearby "moontail, you haven't had a chance to mentor yet, you will be her mentor" whiskerkit walked over to her and touched her nose to hers. "We'll have some fun" the white shecat's silver eyes looked into hers. Cowkit jumped up and walked over to foxstar he repeated the same words, but namin his crowpaw. He walked over to Darkear and touched his nose to his.

A few moments later he was walking out of camp with him. Whiskerpaw followed his with moontail following close behind. He shivered as he heard the snow crunch underneath his paws. He heard his mother always talk about warm weather and newleaf, but he never experienced it. He had been almost 2 moons old when the first snows came. He jumped as an icicle fell next to him. whiskerpaw giggled. They continued on "this is the shadowclan border moontail said as the trees started to disappear into pines. They stopped and an awfull smell came from the pines. "that's shadowclan scent" darkear said. "it sort o-of smells, doesn't it?" crowpaw said shivering. "Well i bet they think the same about us" moontail said as they walked on.

_________________________##***##__________________________