chapter 20: Feathers

CrowFur cried out as he watched the eagle take whiskertail away. Her screams echoed through his head as he watched the eagle drop her onto a mountain peak below. He turned his head away before she hit the ground. He sobbed as he walked into the shade of a boulder. He laid down amd shut his eyes. I need to keep going he thought, yet he couldn't even stand up. He closed his eyes and cried silently. He suddenly felt thw fur of another cat to his side. He expected it to be FlameFeather, but cloudstorm spoke. "I know h-how much you loved her" he heard him holding back tears in his voice "because I loved her too, we were going to have kits together, but this had to happen" cloudstorm laid down next to him. "I-I just wished I hadn't ignored her the past few days" CrowFur replied "I guess I was mad at her for falling in love, but you made her happy. I'm sorry I was so mean to you always" they sat there in silence for a while before FlameFeather walked up to them. "I'm so sorry CrowFur" she said "I don't even know what I'm gping to tell Pebble" the last part was under her breath.  the sun had started going down so they just laid down together and tried to sleep. CrowFur didn't care as his stomach grumbled, he missed Whiskertail to much.

Is this how FlameFeather felt? He thought as he opened one eye to look at her in the darkness. Stars twinkled above him, but they looked cold. Starclan had abandoned him,   if they were there at all. They were days away from thw clans, how could Starclan be here? He shifted in his dried out nest again and closed hus eyes. He woke up the next morning out of a nightmare. He shook his fur and stood up. FlameFeather was grooming herself and cloudstorm was still laying in his nest. Eagle was gone and StoneTeller was still sleeping. CrowFur licked his chest a couple of times before he asked FlameFeather "where's Eagle?" FlameFeather shrugged "making dirt i think" she replied. Cloudstorm got up and yawned. He smiled for a second then frowned. He looked around for a second then gasped. He shoved past CrowFur. He saw eagle in the distance but then saw another cat next to him. "Is that-" FlameFeather said. CrowFur took a step forward then ran. It was Whiskertail. She was limping and had dried blood all over her. Cloudstorm was having her lean on her shoulder. "H-how?" He asked as she reached her. She smiled weakly "you can't get rid of me that easily!" She laid on the ground. "I though an eagle got you" cloudstorm licked her shoulder trying to get some dried blood off.

"It dropped me probably trying to kill me, but I fell onto a ledge instead." She winced as cloudstorm licked one of her paws "I don't know if it didn't know i was there or not, but it didn't pick me back up" FlameFeather shooed cloudstorm. She looked at all off her wounds "you look quite fine besides the pain" she looked at her paw "you might have a broken paw I don't really know, missed didn't tell me how to deal with that" StoneTeller. Had gotten out of his nest and had walked over. "I think she has a broken paw" FlameFeather said. StoneTeller looked at it "she's fine, we should keep moving" Eagle scoffed "but what if its broken!" He said. StoneTeller looked at him "it's not, now take CrowFur and cloudstorm and go try and catch something" stoneteller replied. Eagle grumbled and walked away so CrowFur just followed him. CloudStorm smiled as they walked "this is great!" He said "WhiskerTail is back" crowFur nodded "I'm so glad" he said. Eagle stopped walking ahead of them and walked next to cloudstorm. "Do you think she likes me?" He asked. "What?" CloudStorm stopped "what do you mean?" Eagle shrugged "I just think that she's so pretty and I would lo-" CloudStorm interrupted him as he clawed his face. A gash was left along his cheek. Eagle stood there in shock as blood welled from the wound.

_________________________##***##__________________________