029

________________________

// 3 years later //

Mari bites on her lips as she looked down at her phone. Her thumb hovered over the call button. As she was about to call the number she was told to put her phone away.

"Miss please put away your phone. We will be taking off in a few minutes." The flight attendant said as she kept walking down the aisle.

Mari let out a sigh and put her phone on airplane mode. She left her hands start to get sweaty and become nervous. She pulled out her headphones hoping that music will help her calm down. But it didn't.

They had taken off almost four hours ago and she was still nervous. She constantly kept wiping her sweaty hands on her skirt and kept bouncing her leg.

Almost everyone on the plane was sleeping. Only a few people that were reading or typing on their computers were up. Mari had tried to sleep but she couldn't.

For some reason, her mind kept going to Mark. Her boyfriend? Ex-boyfriend? She wasn't sure what he was to her anymore. It's been so long since they last talked.

The day she left she couldn't stop crying. When she landed in LA her phone was filled with notifications from all the boys. Especially Mark.

He kept messaging her asking why she didn't say anything to him. If she trusted him. If she ever loved him.

After she arrived in Arizona she went straight to her room not even greeting her parents. And for an hour she debated whether to call Mark or not. In the end, she ended up calling him.

"Mari!" He shouted into the phone after two rings.

Mari felt like crying when she heard his voice. He's been crying. You can hear it in his voice.

"I'm sorry Mark." Was the first thing she said to him.

"Mari. Don't be sorry. I just wish you told me. I w-wish we had more time together. I miss you." He said crying.

"I miss you too. I'm sorry Mark. Please forgive me. I didn't want to hurt you. I'm so sor-"

"Stop saying sorry. I know you didn't want to hurt me. I know you had no choice." After Mark and Mari had that talk they kept talking to each other.

Their long-distance relationship worked out for about a year but soon they started to talk less. Both of them were busy. Mark with promotions of the group and getting ready for another comeback and Mari busy with her new job.

And as the days went on they started to talk less and less until one day they both stop messaging each other. Mari was hurt when that happened but she knew that their relationship wasn't going to work. No long-distance relationship ever works.

After another hour of Mari sitting in her chair, bouncing her leg up and down she got up and started to walk to the back of the plane where the bathroom was located.