Chapter 9

After class, Gee stayed behind to eat lunch with me. He smiled happily, coming over to sit in my lap.

"How has school been?" I asked.

"It's been okay," he said. "I've got some homework to do in some of my other classes."

I nodded as I opened up my lunch.

"Can I come over tonight?" He asked.

"Yeah, of course," I said. "Make sure you have your homework done first, though. I can make us some dinner and we can cuddle and watch movies. How's that sound?"

"Perfect," Gee agreed.

"But you can't stay too late," I said, "It's a school night."

Gee pouted and gave me a sweet smile.

"But daddy, I'll be fine, I don't need that much sleep," he said.

"Nuh uh, beautiful, you're going to bed by ten," I said.

"But don't you want my kisses?" He asked.

"Of course I want your kisses, sweetheart, I just need to make sure I take care of you too," I said.

Gee sighed dramatically then giggled.

"Okay, daddy, I'll go to bed by ten," he agreed.

I smiled, kissing his cheek.

"How about you come over after last hour?" I suggested. "What do you want for dinner?"

"Anything is fine," he said.

I kissed his forehead and he blushed.

"So, what do you wanna watch?" I asked as I took a bite of my food.

"Can we watch Pixar movies?" He asked.

"Of course," I stated.

He smiled and I pushed his lunch towards him.

"Come on, eat before we run out of time," I said.

He smiled and took a bite of his sandwich.

"I wish we didn't have to hide our relationship, I really like you," he said.

"Yeah, me too, baby boy," I agreed.

Gee smiled, hugging me tight. His head rested on my shoulder as we both ate quietly. He held onto my hand and kept eating. The bell eventually rang and Gee left unwillingly. I hated seeing him go but I still had two more classes to teach.

When the day had finally ended, I went back to my house. About an hour later there was a soft knock on the door and I let Gerard in, making sure no one was watching. He smiled happily, hugging a stuffed toy to his chest. Gee bit his lip then looked at me nervously.

"I-Is it okay that I brought Mr. Fluffles?" He asked, looking at his little sheep stuffed animal. "He gets lonely when I leave him in my dorm."

"Yeah, of course it's fine," I said.

He smiled and looked around.

"I-I never really looked around the first time," he said. "I like it here, it's cozy and nice."

Gerard looked at the books on my shelf and and records in a pile next to my tv. It felt weird as I watched him. I kept thinking about how maybe he would find something that would make him think I was weird, like he was probing my life. I couldn't help it, even I wanted him to just see the best of me.

"Who is this?" He asked, pointing to a picture frame.

"Oh, that's my mom," I said, picking up the picture.