Chapter 10

Rowan's POV

"I'm telling you I just don't trust her."

"Nick, come on," I say. "Raven has done nothing to deserve this."

"Rowan," he says. "She ran away from us like ten times!"

"Wouldn't you? Here are five strangers who are talking about a secret you've kept your whole life, and they're pressing you for information," Penelope says. Jack nods in agreement. It's been only about a week since that first day in our new class. It's finally Friday today.

"And who are you to judge? You've been mean to her and practically everybody since you met them," Claire adds in. Nick slams his locker closed and sighs.

"Fine. Let's just follow her and see if I'm right," he says.

"Seriously? Stalk her? Are you crazy?!?!" I ask.

"You worried your girlfriend is hiding something from you?" he taunts, smirking.

"What? Like the fact that she likes Lucky Charms?" I retort, wiping the smirk right off his face. In truth, I'm worried she'll absolutely kill me if I do this. And I really wanna go on a date with her before I die so......

"I'm not doing it dude."

"Come on! I'll shut up about it forever if you guys just come with me today after school," he says.

Man, that's too tempting to pass up. We all nod our agreement. But the voice in the back of my mind is screaming at me that this is a really bad idea. And I know the voice is probably right.