Chapter 27

Rowan's POV

"I can prove it! The true witch is more powerful than any other in history!" Miranda says. "Lets have a competition....the one who knocks out the other with their magic is the victor. May the best witch win."

"How about we take this elsewhere," Raven suggets. "Somewhere nobody will get hurt. A place where there's only the forest...and a huge cavern."

Miranda looked a bit panicked for a moment before she hides it.

"What do you mean?" she asks innocently.

"I think you know exactly what I mean."

Suddenly, we're all standing somewhere else. Plants surround us, except for a cave up ahead. But the cave isn't what catches my eye. Its the people standing at the entrence. Three guys, three girls, and....Raven. She doesn't look the slightest bit surprised. She just smiles at me. The others, however, look very confused and surprised. A blonde girl in a skirt asks Raven, "Is this what you were talking about? With the soul-splitting thingie? And the fact that you wanted us to wait at the evil people's lair instead of running while we still could?"

Raven nods, walking towards us.

"Oh no you don't,"Miranda yells. Suddenly, a huge boulder is flying towards Raven. She brings her arms up to form an X. The boulder smashes into pieces as it hits an invisible force. The ground around Raven uproots and she's suddenly floating on a piece of land in the air, showing how powerful she can be. 

"Is that the best you can do?" she asks, laughing. Miranda glares at her.

"I was just warming up," she tells her. Then the Raven that's supposed to be beside me disappears. I look up to see her standing beside the other Raven on the piece of floating land.

"NO!" Miranda shouts as they join hands. A bright white light stuns us all. We look back to see one Raven. But she's a mix of the both of them....this is the real her: Black high tops, ripped skinny jeans, a black leather jacket, and long curly dark hair.

"Too late..." she tells Miranda, whose face goes a mad shade of red.

"You little bi-"

"Just like you're father I see. Did you really think I wouldn't see through the contacts?"

Miranda looks shocked to the core. But I'm just confused.

"You knew?" she asks.

"How could I not know? You made it so painfully obvious!" Raven shouts.

"Well is this discreet enough for ya?" Miranda yells at Raven.

A big missile suddenly appears behind Raven, who merely jumps off the floating land and lands on her feet, perfectly fine.

"Seriously? What are you? A five year old witch?" she taunts. Then a ball of purple fire form in each of her hands. "Now let's stop playing, shall we?"

"Agreed."

A bolt of green magic flies through the air, but Raven throws her own bolt towards it. The purple swallows the green fire and blows up, making all of us take a step back. Raven starts walking towards Miranda, who waves her hand. A large tree uproots itself, and a face appears on it. I'm not kidding. It looks like a face was scratched into it. It roars as it comes to stand beside Miranda. Raven narrows her eyes at her, and waves a hand toward a much smaller tree. It uproots itself and comes to stand beside Raven. It roars, but it sounds more like a large growl. Miranda laughs, flicking her hair over shoulder. Raven just smirks. The litte tree starts running toward the large one, and they meet in the middle. The large tree (I'll just call him Gigi) tries to grab the small one (I'll call him Mini), but Mini dodges easily and starts to climb Gigi. Another small tree gets up and runs toward Gigi, climbing him as well. Gigi roars in anger, trying to get Mini and Mini 2 off of him. Then another tree gets up and tackles him, and he falls to the ground with an ear-shattering thud that can be heard for miles. Gigi tries to get up, twisting around wildly, but fails. Another tree uproots itself and jumps on top of Gigi, who growls and stops moving. His face fades away slowly, and soon he's just a tree again. Mini, Mini 2, Mini 3, and Mini 4 get off of Gigi and go back to their original places. Soon, they're all regular trees, too. I look at Miranda and I'm shocked at what I see. She has bags under her eyes and she's swaying on her feet. Raven walks towards her, but she stumbles back laughing for some reason.

"Too bad I have a portal already opened and ready to go," Miranda says, smirking. Raven's eyes widen and she starts running. But Miranda is already gone.