Chapter 30

Raven's POV

I'm sitting by the well crying when I hear a loud crash nearby. I get a bad feeling, so I start running towards the sound. When I see what's happened, I scream, running as fast as my legs will take me. I drop to my knees beside his limp body. He's bloody all over. Tears stream down my face as I take Rowan's head in my hands.

"No no no no no no no-" I whisper. His eyes flutter open as he takes ragged breaths.

"Hey...hey stay with me Row...stay with me please...please Row...come on...stay with me!" I shout. He looks at me and smiles, coughing up blood.

"Raven," he whispers. "I need to tell you something before-"

"No no no! You can't die! You won't Row! Just stay with me!" I yell.

"Raven I can't...." he whispers.

"I told you they all leave, one way or another Row. Why didn't you listen?" I ask him, laying my head against his. He cups my face with his one good hand.

"Raven, I need to tell you.....I love you.....I love you more than anything else in the world and I always will, no matter what happens," he whispers to me. He's on his last breathe when he says, "I'll never stop loving you, Raven."

His eyes flutter closed once again and I shake him, tears falling one after the other.

"Row! ROW!" I scream.

"NO NO NO NO NO!" I sob as I lay my head against his chest and cry.

Rowan's dead. My Row is dead.