Chapter 26

Credit for what's actually happening in this chapter goes to QuirkyBookNerd19, not me! She wrote the action, and I just put it into Raven's POV. If you haven't checked out her book "The Chosen Six" then please do because it's connected to this book! Love ya peoples! BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! 

(Captured) Raven's POV

Staring into his green eyes is torture. I focus on my rapid breathing, not letting any fear leak into my eyes. Then my eyes catch something in the background: two people. A girl and a boy hiding and watching this. I quickly look back to Brax fast enough to make sure they're not found out. 

"So tell me, where are your little friends?" he asks. I don't say anything. 

"Answer me you stupid child!" he shouts in my face, frustrated. "Tell me where they are!" 

Again, I'm silent. Brax lifts his hand and I just stare with a stony expression, waiting for the inevitable blow. 

"Hey! Stop it!" I hear the girl yell. She comes out of her hiding place and I sigh. She probably should've stayed back. Brax turns slowly, dropping his raised hand to his side once more. 

"Well well well. What do we have here? Are you one of the six?" 

"Yes," the girl says sarcastically. But he takes it seriously....and I almost burst out laughing. 

"Well that's just perfect. I can tie you up too," he says, grinning. 

"What? No! I was being sarcastic." she shouts. 

"Sarcastic? What is that?" he asks her, confused. 

"Really? Well, I mean, I guess you're so old....." I trail off. "Anyway, being sarcastic is like saying something you mean the total opposite of, and usually you say it about something obvious."

"Oh. So if I were to be sarcastic, I would say I like pink fluffy unicorns?" he asks. 

"What?" 

She shakes her head. 

"Never mind. Yes, sure. Yes, that's being sarcastic," she says, giving up hope. The boy gets up and stands beside the girl. Wow, I really need to name them. How about the girl's name be Sally and the boy's be Allen? That works for now. Sally turns to Brax. 

"And before you ask, no. He's not part of the legend either," she tells him. 

"Who are you guys?" I ask them. 

"We were sent here to inform the six from the legend about this guy," Allen says, gesturing to Brax. "But I guess you already met him."

"No," Sally says sarcastically. "She hasn't met him. Raven, this is Braxton. Braxton, Raven."

"I don't think anyone needed to know that Shortie," Allen informs her. 

"Me being short is totally unrelated," she says, glaring at him. Awwww how cute. They should definitely get together.....but sadly now is not the time. 

"Guys," I shout. 

"Oh, right. Sorry,"Allen tells me. Sally rolls her eyes and walks towards me, but Brax stops her. 

"Not so fast young lady," he says. 

"It wasn't really fast, I mean, I was just walking."

Brax's eyebrows crease. 

"Oh never mind," Sally says. 

"I'm not letting you touch Raven," he tells her. She sighs. 

"Look, I really don't want to fight..." she starts. Brax pulls two knives out of his jacket. Great. 

"Well I sure wouldn't mind one," he tells her, smiling nefariously. Alex steps beside her for support. Sally bares her teeth and growls at Brax. Werewolf. Cool. She rolls her neck, and Brax raises his knives. Sally shifts just as he brings them back to strike. They miss her, and she tackles him to the ground. They land with a loud thud, and roll. He gets on top of her. Sally snaps her powerful jaws at him, but she mises by an inch. Brax grins at her, picking up his knives and raising them above, getting ready to strike them in her heart. He brings them down, but she dodges. Again, he strikes and he dodges. They keep doing this until finally, he puts down one of his knives and uses the other to hold her head still. She struggles but it's no use. He has an iron grip. Brax raises the knife once more. 

"Well, it wasn't so hard to defeat the mighty werewolf, was it?" he says, chuckling to himself. Again, she struggles to no avail. Brax prepares to stab her right through the heart, but Allen catches his wrist before he can. Brax tries to retaliate but Sally jumps on his back again. He tries to shake her off, but she holds on tight. Sally nods to me, and Allen gets the message. He comes over to unie me. When my writs are finally free, I sigh in relief and rub my sore wrists. Suddenly, I hear a loud thud followed by a crack. Allen and I turn to see Sally whimpering on the floor. She still gets up, though, ignoring her broken leg. They glare at each other. 

"You little bi-" 

I cut Brax off, using my powers now that my hands are free. My hand is stretched out toward him. I'm doing a silence spell so he can't talk. Growling, Brax stands up. He reaches into his jacket, pulling out a thick bladed knife. Sally shifts back to human form. He glares at her and throws the knife, and it races towards her heart. Right before it's about to hit her chest, Allen tackles her out of the way. When she realizes he's on top of her, her eyes widen.

"Get up," she tells him."

"What? I don't even get a thank you? I just saved your dang life and you don't even thank me?"

Sally rolls her eyes. 

"We have stuff to do," she says. Allen doesn't move. 

"Ok, whatever. Thank you." 

"Say it like you mean it." 

"No," she growls. 

"I won't get up."

"Fine then. I'll make you get up," she threatens. 

"How?" 

Sally answers by shifting again and snapping at him with her razor sharp teeth. 

"Ok! Ok! Jeez! I'll get up!" Allen says. She shifts back and looks at Brax. 

"There are three of you, and you can't even beat me when I only have a couple of knives?" Brax says, laughing evilly. "Just imagine when I have my army." 

Suddenly, there's a crash. I turn around and see four more people. They come up to us. I assume they're with Sally and Allen. 

"There's not just three, there's six," a blonde girl says confidently. 

"Um...Amy? Don't forget Raven," Allen reminds her. Amy's face goes red. 

"Right. There's not just three, there's seven."

I walk over to them. Then Brax lunges, yelling angrily. We fight him till we finally get him all tied up in magical ropes that ensure he can't get out. We all step back and admire our work, panting and watching him struggle. 

"Good work," Amy says. 

Sally turns to me.

"Lets go home," I tell her.