Chapter 21

Quick message for my readers! I added something important to the first chapter so you need to go back and read it please! (I updated on May 22, 2017 for you people coming in later!) Okay, back to the story. Btw, it's gonna be a super short chapter! BYEEEEEEEEE!
----------------------------------------------

The ceremony was fairly normal. He said the oath and we started to celebrate. Though one thing was off. I could feel it. I hid in the corner so people wouldn't see me and try to talk to me. I shudder just thinking about it.

The nagging feeling is killing me by the ten minute mark. I groan, frustrated.

"What's the matter? Are you mad at yourself for letting an old lady beat your future boyfriend with her purse?" a voice asks from beside me, making me jump. I growl. Yes, growl. He's getting in my last nerves. I flip him off, but he just laughs.

"What do you want from me?" I ask him, trying to keep my voice down.

"I want you to trust me," he says. I glare at him.

"I've trusted people before Rowan! It never ends well!"

"When will you realize that I'm not like other people Raven! I will never hurt you! Not for a million bucks. There's something about you that just....makes me not want to give up on you. No matter what."

I flinch. He hit a nerve. Everybody in my life has given up on me at one point. I trust them and they hurt me. It's as simple as that. But he just...

Before I know what's happening, Rowan is leaning towards me, his lips brushing against mine-

There's a loud crash. A women with nefarious green eyes is levitating in the center of the room in a long, lacy black dress with a long staff in her hand. I gasp as I recognize...

"Bria!" I whisper, shocked. Rowan looks at me, his eyes wide. Bria scans the crowd below, twirling a piece of her long brown hair with her finger. She smiles wickedly.

"I'm back....."