One Last Dance (Chapter 6)

LAURA's POV:

Rydel gave my sister and I a huge hug and we all ended up crying together.

We all broke apart when we heard a knock on the door.

"Hey, you girls alright in there?"

I gulped.

Rydel sniffled then replied, "Yes Ross. We're fine!"

"Delly," Ross asked. "You sound like you've been crying."

Rydel paused before saying, "um... I wasn't crying..."

"What about Laura," he asked. "Is she alright?"

Rydel didn't say anything. She just looked at me sympathetically. I bit my lip as another tear slipped down my cheek.

"Delly?"

She still didn't reply. She looked from me to Vanessa to me. I guess she just wasn't sure what to say next.

"Okay, I'm coming in."

My eyes widened.

"No, Ross," Rydel said. "That won't be necessary."

But he didn't listen. He opened the door and walked in.

He looked at me and took a step closer. "Laura, were you crying?"

I looked down and shook my head.

Ross looked at the others. "All of you were crying, weren't you?"

I gulped. "Yep," Rydel said trying to sound cheery. "We're just... glad Laura's back in our lives."

Ross looked at me and furrowed his eyebrows. "Then, how come all of you look so sad?"

Rydel shrugged.

Ross sighed. "Come on guys, you can trust me!"

I cringed at that word and another tear slipped down my cheek.

"Can we? Can we really," I asked.

He nodded. "Always."

I shook my head. "Why do you keep lying to me?"

"I don't understand. I've never lied to you, Laur."

I looked down. "You're lying to me right now.His jaw dropped a centimeter. "No, I'm not."

I sighed. "You know, I've had a great time here, I really did," I said sarcastically, "but I have to go. I have some papers to grade."

I started walking out.

"Wait," he said.

I stopped and turned around. "What?!"

"First, tell me what's up," he asked.

I huffed and turned around to leave again. He wasn't getting anything out of me.

"Please, Laur! I just want to help! Trust me."

I stopped but I didn't turn around. I looked down.

"Please."

I could feel his movement. He was coming closer to me. Another tear slipped down my cheek. Maybe, he was right. Maybe, I could trust him. I missed him. I loved him... I think. I just... I just don't know what I want.

"Trust me."

That word rang in my ear like a bell on a clock that just struck the 23rd hour.

I felt his hand touch my wrist.

"Please..."

I couldn't help it. I turned around, cupped his cheeks in my hands, and kissed him. I kissed him hard but gentle. It felt so amazing.

As soon as I leaned in, he started to kiss back and I quickly pulled away.

Before Ross could do anything else, I ran out of the room, and downstairs.

I bumped into the other boys and crashed to the floor.

"Woah, Laur! What's your rush," Riker asked.

"You okay," Rocky asked.

Ryland added. "Were you crying?"

Ratliff helped me up. "Did Ross do something?"

I ignored their questions and ran out as soon as I was on my two feet.

I got in my car and rushed home.

I completely forgot to grade those stupid papers. All I thought about the rest of the day was that kiss, how I had been unable to control myself, and how it could possibly come back to bite me in the butt tomorrow at school.

ROSS's POV:

It had happened so fast but every second of it felt so amazing. Laura... she kissed me. I was starting to kiss back when she let go so suddenly and ran away. I was about to follow her when Rydel put her hand on my shoulder.

"You should stay."

"Why? She just kissed me. This is my chance to get her back!"

Vanessa said, "You don't understand."

"Then help me understand," I said yearningly.

Vanessa and Rydel looked at eachother and bit their lips. "I don't know," Ness said. "Can I trust you?"

I rolled my eyes. "You already know you can."

Before she could say anything, Rocky, Riker,  Ell, and Ryland walked in.

"What's wrong with Laura," Riker asked. "She just ran out with no explanation of what was going on."

I gulped. "She, uh, she kissed me."

Their jaws dropped. All of them looked at Rydel and Vanessa for confirmation. They nodded their heads.

They turned back to me and smiled. "I told you you'd get her back soon," Riker said.

"But wait," Ryland asked. "Why was she running away?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. Ness was just about to tell me."

We all turned to her.

"Well," she said softly. "There's something I've been keeping from you guys..."

She turned to Rydel. "And I think it's time I told all of you guys what's up."

We acknowledged her to continue........ And she told us about her parents, about everything....... And I instantly felt horrible... about everything. Let's just say her story ended with everyone in tears of sympathy.