One Last Dance (Chapter 37)

~PROM NIGHT~

ROSS' POV:

"Yes, I'm sorry. I'm running a little late. But I'll be there in half an hour. Keep some time reserved for me!"

"Fine, but you're cutting this close."

"I know. See you there!"

I pulled the phone away from my ear and hung up.

Sighing, I pulled up my pants all the way and put a belt on to keep it up.

I heard a knock on the door.

"Who is it?"

"Riker," the voice behind the closed door said.

I picked up the vest of the tux and pulled the sleeves over my arms and tie. "Come in," I yelled.

Riker opened the door a crack and jumped into my room. "Hey Bro! How's it going?"

I shrugged. "Alright, almost done getting ready."

He nodded. "I see that, but weren't you supposed to be at Prom an hour ago?"

"Yeah," I said. "I was super busy calling Hollywood Records and trying to get a hold of our agent just to make sure tonight's plan was still in order."

Riker smiled smugly. "You really do love her."

I sighed. "Yeah. To death."

He looked down. "So, did you talk to Mr. Hammer about a slight time change?"

"I just got off the phone with him. He said a slight change to the plan would be alright with him. So far, it looks like everything's going to work out."

I sat down on my bed and grabbed my shoes. "I just have to continue to try and make sure that everything works out. I need this night to be perfect!"

I slipped on my shoes and headed towards the door to my room.

"Rike, can you let the girl's know I'm ready? I need to go downstairs and check on our ride."

He nodded. "Of course, Bro! I hope you and Laura have an awesome night."

I grinned imagining the best possible way this situation could go, and sighed. "Me too, Riker, me too."

LAURA's POV:

"Okay, Laura. Ross will be calling you down any second."

I bit my lip nervously. "Do I look alright?"

"You look absolutely amazing," Ness answered. "Ross will love it! Now, how about you check it out and tell us what you think."

Gulping, I stood up from the bed and walked over the full-size mirror.

My eyes widened. "Woah. Rydel, you did fabulous on the hair and make-up. And Vanessa, this dress is absolutely beautiful.... You don't think I look TOO extravagant though, right?"

My sister shook her head. "I think it looks perfect."

I heard a soft knock on the door.

"Come in," Delly said.

The door opened slightly and Riker popped his head in the room.

"Ross is ready. He's very excited."

I smiled. "The feeling is mutual."

"Well, come on down when you're ready, Laur."

"I will."

Riker popped his head back out and shut the door.

I turned to Rydel and Vanessa. "Here goes, huh?"

They nodded. "Good luck."

I started toward the door when Vanessa stopped me. "Laura, your shoes!"

I looked down. I wasn't wearing any.

Oh, wait!

"Oh my god, we forgot about the shoes," I yelled at them.

Rydel laughed. "That's okay. You're a seven, right?"

I nodded.

"I have an old pair of heels that you can use."

"Would they match?"

"Yeah," she said pulling them out from the closet. "They match beautifully."

I studied them quickly.

They were blue and sparkly and despite the bit of worn out leather on the inside, they looked as if they were made specifically for this dress.

I slipped my small feet through the shoes and took a few steps around in them.

I smiled. "I love these! Thanks Delly!"

"No problem," she said happily. "I'm glad I could help with this mini fashion emergency."

I took a deep breath. "Okay, now I'm ready!"

I walked over to the door and took hold of the doorknob.

"Wait," Rydel yelled as if I were about to jump off a cliff.

I turned around. "What now?"

"Your necklace!"

Crinkling my eyebrows confused, I asked, "Excuse me?"

"Your necklace," Vanessa chimed in. "The one Ross gave you last time!"

"What about it?"

Rydel picked it up from the small space on our dresser. "You need to wear it!"

"Why?"

She sighed. "You just do! Here! Wear it! Now!"

"But I don't want to," I argued.

Delly laughed. "We're not giving you the option to say no."

I sighed. "Put it on me, then."

She brought it around my neck and clasped the chain together.

"Okay, NOW, you can go!"

I stared them down suspiciously. "There's nothing else I need to do like completely change my outfit, hair, and makeup?"

They both shook their heads.

"Okay," I said eyeing them as I walked out the door.

"Wait," Vanessa yelled again.

"Oh my god," I said annoyed. "What now?"

"Nothing," she said looking scared. "Just wanted to tell you to have fun!"

I smiled a fake-smile. "Oh, I'm already having enough fun for a lifetime."

Rydel swung her arm in front of her in extreme passion. "That's the spirit."

Rolling my eyes, I left the room before they could stop me anymore.

I walked down the stairs and into the living room.

Ross was standing by the door, wearing a tux and staring down at a watch on his wrist.

When I stepped down the stairs, he looked up at me and his eyes widened. "Wow," he said awestruck.

I blushed. "You ready to go, Ross?"

He nodded. "Yeah... Um... Sure, let's go!"

He escorted me out the door.

Once my feet made it's way out the door, I stopped and my jaw dropped.

Ross laughed. "You okay?"

I couldn't breathe. "You rented a limo for me?"

"Yeah," he said sounding proud of himself. "I knew a guy."

AN: 5 votes and 5 comments for next chapter.