One Last Dance (Chapter 14)

ROSS's POV:

Once I got to my room, I closed the door, leaned up against it and sighed. That kiss was so wonderful. Is it bad I still wanted more?

I felt and heard a knock on the other aide of the door.

"Who is it," I asked.

"It's us, bro," I heard Riker answer.

I brought myself to balance on my feet and opened the door.

Riker, Rocky, Ryland, and Ell walked in.

"Woah dude," Ratliff said. "Why aren't you dressed yet? You've been in here for three minutes."

I shrugged. "I've been thinking."

All the guys smirked.

"About what," Rocky asked clearly knowing the answer.

I raised my eyebrows at him. "You know what I've been thinking about." I laid back on my bed and sighed. "Laura."

All the guys laughed.

"You two were pretty distracted in that kiss," Ryland said. "When we heard Laura scream, all of us ran to the door and started to knock on it and yell her name. But she didn't answer. We were about to literally knock the door down to see what was going on in there."

My eyes widened. "But it's the bathroom door."

Ryland nodded. "I know, Man. We feel you."

"Luckily," Riker chimed it, "I remembered how to pick a lock."

I laughed. "Well thank you for remembering. I wouldn't have been able to go to the bathroom without privacy."

"Well," Rocky started. "We were going to knock it down and just ask to use the Anderson's bathroom next door when we had to go but there were, um... some technicalities that."

I leaned my head to the right thinking. "What about the Richardson's across the street. They're pretty nice."

Riker nodded. "We thought about that and we were going to knock the door down with that solution in our minds but I thought it would just be better if I picked the lock."

I nodded. "Yeah, its definitely better this way!"

"Anyway," Ell said. "About that kiss..."

I blushed and shrugged. "What about it?"

"How'd it happen," he asked.

Looking off into the distance in rememberance, I answered, "Well, I had just got done my shower and I asked her to get me a towel. As she did, she fell and screamed.  I got scared, hopped out of the shower and found that as she fell she hit her elbow against the hot part of the curling iron and burned herself. I helped her fix her elbow up, and I told her everything was going to be alright. As I was bandaging her elbow up, she kissed me on the cheek. I looked at her and she told me she trusted me. I hugged her, kissed her shoulder. Then she leaned back and kissed me." I smiled. "It was wonderful.

The guys smiled too. "Nice job bro," Ryland said. "Does that mean you guys are back together now?"

I nodded. "The thing is, we have to keep our relationship a secret from the superintendent and all the people at school. If they find out, Laura will lose her job and she'll be devastated."

"What about her singing career," Riker asked.

My eyes shot wide open. "That's it!! Rike, you're a genious!"

He smiled. "I know."

"No, seriously," I said. "First the picking the lock thing! Now, this! You, my bro, are one smart guy today."

Riker furrowed his eyebrows. "Hold on. I know how the picking the lock thing was genious, but what did I do that was smart just now?"

"You gave me an idea," I said smiling.

He looked at everyone else. They shrugged. "I'm still confused," he said.

I walked up to him and patted his back. "No need to be confused. I'm going to surprise you all. I'm going to surprise Laura! And she's going to love it!"

Riker blinked, still frazzled. "Okay...?"

"Now if you'd excuse me, I need to go make a phonecall."

I started walking out of the room.

"Ross, wait," I heard Rocky say.

I turned around to look at him.

"Aren't you going to put some pants on first," he asked.

Looking down at the towel that was still around my waist, I blushed.

"Right," I said. "If you could all leave now, I'm gonna put my pants on and make the important phonecall from my bedroom."

They nodded. "Alright," Riker said. "Have fun, I guess."

They left and I closed the door behind them.

I smiled excitedly as I unwrapped my towel and put on some boxers then some pants.

I sat down on my bed and took out my phone. I dialed the famous number.

"Hello," someone on the other line said. "This is the manager of Hollywood Records. Who am I speaking with?"

"This is Ross," I said. "From R5."

"Ah, yes. I remember you. What do you need Mr. Lynch?"

"I need to speak to you about getting a record deal for someone that I know."

"Oh really," the manager said. "Who might this person be?"

"My girlfriend," I said. "Laura Marano."

The manager sighed. "Haven't we already talked about this before?"

"Well, yes. But--"

"And I told you," she interrupted. "That it is very unlikely that we'd be able to take her."

"But I've already told you before. She's really good and you wouldn't regret it if you gave her a record deal. She's amazing!"

The woman on the other line sighed. "Listen, Mr. Lynch. Until we hear her sing live, we aren't making any promises."

I gulped. "Sing live?"

"Yes, sing live. Would that be an issue?"

"No," I said. "Of course not. I'll just have to talk to her about it first. That's all."

"Alright," she said. "Well, once you've talked to her, call me back and I'll see what we can do."

"Okay," I said. "Will do."