One Last Dance (Chapter 9)

LAURA's POV:

Ross drove me to my house before bringing us both to school. Last night, I had left my school stuff there and I needed to bring it with me for work.

Once I got the papers, I got back in Ross's car and he drove me to the school. He parked where I usually park my car.

"Thanks Ross," I said. "I appreciate you doing this."

He smiled and looked into my eyes. "No problem. Anything for my friend."

I blushed. "Yep. Friend...."

I took my papers into my hand, opened the door to his car, and got out.

He got out too.

"Do you want me to walk you to class," he asked.

I sighed. "Well, seeing as your first block is with me, why not?"

We walked into the school and to the classroom. All of my students were standing outside the door when I got there.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Was I late again? Cause I swear I made sure to get here early," I joked.

The class laughed.

Gabby spoke up. "We all just wanted to get here extra early cause you're our favorite teacher!"

I nodded my head. "Yeah? Uh-huh... And does you being here early have something to with the new student we got yesterday," I asked smirking.

Gabby shrugged and looked up at Ross. "Maybe..."

"But you're still our favorite teacher, Ms. Marano," Sydney added.

I laughed and unlocked the classroom door. "Whatever you say, girls! I still feel like your hiding something."

I walked into the classroom and my jaw dropped as I saw what was written all over the white board.

The rest of the class walked in.

"Do you like our drawings," Sydney asked. "We drew it yesterday after you left school."

I looked at them in surprise. "How did you even get in here?!"

"You left the door unlocked," Gabby stated. "But don't worry. We locked up for you."

Ross laughed. "Hey Laur, isn't that us," he said pointing to the board.

I scratched the back of the neck. "Uh, no. What makes you think that?"

He walked up to the board and pointed out the word that made my cheeks go red: Raura.

It was written all over the board and in the center, there was a drawing of a boy and girl, obviously Ross and I, kissing, with a heart around it. It was really embarrasing.

"Whose Raura," I asked trying to cockblock it.

Ross coughed and said sarcastically, "Hmm... I wonder."

I closed my eyes in embarassment and covered my face with my left hand.

Sydney walked up to the board and pointed to the girl. "That's you Miss Marano." She pointed to the boy. "And that's you Ross."

I walked up to the board, next to them, and picked up the eraser. "Thank you Sydney for pointing out the obvious."

I started to erase the board.

"Aww," Gabby whined. "But our beautiful drawings..."

Ross laughed. "Yeah Laur. They were so beautiful! How could you?"

I rolled my eyes and continued to erase the board. "Sorry class, but I need to use the board to write. I agree, your drawings were... very creative, but they were taking up the whole board."