One Last Dance (Chapter 25)

LAURA's POV:

My eyes slowly opened.

I looked around me. I was still in my car and Vanessa was still driving.

"Ness," I choked out.

She didn't hear me. She was very focused on the road.

She was driving kind of fast and it made me dizzy.

That, and I do kinda have a piece of glass in my leg.

A minute went by when she parked the car, quickly got out, walked over to my side, and opened the door.

It was still dark out.

"Vanessa," I whispered.

"Shh," she said. "Don't talk."

She pulled me out of the car and pulled my arm around her shoulder again.

"Ness," I groaned in pain.

"Shh," she said again. "I got you."

Everything was blurry but she walked me to the door to a house.

She knocked on it, fast and hard, like she really needed to get in there fast.

"Guys," she yelled. "Let us in!! It's Laura and Vanessa!"

A few seconds later, the door opened and Riker and Ross stood in the doorway.

"Oh my god," Riker said. "What happened?!"

"We went back to our parent's place a few hours ago."

Ross' eyes widened. "What did they do to her?"

"Nothing, they were up in their room, dead. But Laura, tripped, fell down the stairs and a piece of broken glass stabbed through her leg. Both of us already tried pulling it out, but neither of us could do it."

Ross came up to me, took my other arm and put it around his shoulder.

Both walked me over to a couch and laid me down.

I felt them pull the bottom of my pants up.

"Oh my god," Ross said. "Riker, get the first aid kit!"

"I'm on it!" He ran out the room and quickly returned with one.

Ross took it and grabbed a cloth from it.

I felt the piece of glass being pulled on and I screeched in pain.

"Shh, Laura," Ross said. "It's alright. Stay calm."

I felt warm, salty tears fall down my cheeks as the piece of glass was being pulled on again.

It felt like someone was trying to pull out a bone.

I screeched again as I felt it being pulled harder and all of a sudden a sharp pain overwhelmed my leg.

I screamed.

"Laura, it's out," I heard Vanessa say. "It'a out of your leg!"

"Oh my god," I heard someone yell. "How do I make the blood stop?!"

I clenched my fists.

I was starting to get weak. I was starting to get even dizzier.

I slowly closed my eyes and unconsciousness seeped in.

ROSS's POV:

Blood. So much blood.

My poor Laura.

"Riker," I yelled. "Go get a wet washcloth!"

He left the room and soon came back with what I asked him to get.

I placed the washcloth on Laura's cut and quickly, blood seeped on it.

I looked over at Laura. She was unconsious.

With a free hand, I opened up the first aid kit and pulled out a huge band-aid.

Once blood stopped flowing, I put the washcloth down, unpealed the band-aid, put some cream on the center of it, and placed it gently on the cut.

I sighed of relief, took Laura's petite hand and laid my head down on the couch tiredly.

When Vanessa came knocking on that door, when I opened it up with Riker, and saw the love of my life hurt like that, I started freaking out. Now, I think when's going to be okay!

I heard footsteps on the stair case steps.

I turned my head around to see Rydel and my parents walking down here.

"What's going on," my mom yelled. "We heard screaming and its only two in the morning!"

They entered the room and stopped when they saw Laura laying on the couch out cold.

"What happened," Rydel asked frightened.

I turned around to look back at Laura.

"She got a piece of broken glass stuck in her leg," Vanessa answered. "Ross and Riker just helped get it out."

I felt a single tear fall down my face as I looked at Laura.

Her face was pale and her body was still.

None of this would've happened if they didn't go back to that stupid house.

And they wouldn't have gone to that house if I hadn't drawn Laura away from me again.

"How did Laura get the glass stuck in her leg," I heard my mom ask from behind me.

I turned around and answered before Vanessa could answer for herself.

"It's my fault," I blurted.

My mom raised her eyebrows. "How so?"

I clenched my fist. "I drew her away. This wouldn't have happened if we were still together-"

"No," Vanessa interrupted. "It's my fault. I told her that we keep running from our past, so I thought instead of running from it, we should run towards it, see if we could learn anything. That's why we went back to our parent's place, to see if we could learn anything from rediscovering our past. And we did. We learned that we needed to just let it go. But when we were walking down the stairs of the house, she tripped and when she fell, a piece of broken glass that was on the floor, slipped through her leg, stabbing her hard. We wouldn't have gone there if I hadn't suggested it, so if anyone's to blame... blame me!"

Everyone stayed silent and just stared at Vanessa.

Rydel sighed. "Oh Ness, none of this is your fault." She looked at me. "None of this is anyone's fault."

I looked down then back at Laura.

Rydel was right. What happened to Laura was no one's fault.

I still wish it had never happened. And I wish we were still together.

She's my whole world.

I leaned down and pressed my lips gently to the top of Laura's hand.

I kept it there for a minute or two, savoring this precious moment as memories flashed before my eyes.

All the times I made her happy.

All the times I made her sad.

All the times she's made me fall madly in love with her all over again.

"Ross?"

All the times she kissed me.

Or hugged me.

Or called me hers.

"Ross?"

Damn, why does all I think about have to be of her?

I felt a hand push my shoulder.

I pulled back from Laura's hand and looked up at Riker.

"What," I asked.

He smirked. "It looked like you were about to start French kissing her hand, dude."

My lips parted in embarrassment and I quickly let go of Laura's hand.

Riker patted my back. "She'll come back to you, Bro. Don't worry about it."