One Last Dance (Chapter 20)

ROSS's POV:

"Yep, she'll be performing one of her songs at the mall today."

"What time?"

"In about an hour."

"Alright. We'll be there."

I hung up my phone and started getting dressed. Today is a big day.

Today is the day Laura will be performing her song at the mall. R5 will be performing too of course.

I picked out a pair of dark blue jeans that were ripped a little at the knee and a bright yellow shirt and a dark blue cover up to go with it.

I picked up my phone and called Laura.

She answered it after a few rings.

"Hello?"

"Hey Laura! You getting ready?"

"Yep. I'm very nervous though."

"Don't worry about a thing. We'll take care of everything. All you have to do is get up on stage and sing."

"Why do I have to do this again?"

I sighed. "I told you. It's a surprise."

She grumbled. "Urgh. You're killing me here."

I laughed. "Sorry. But trust me. Once you figure out what the surprise is, you'll be thanking me."

This time she laughed. "I sure hope so."

"Trust me."

"Yep," she said sarcastically. "Cause trusting comes naturally to me."

I bit my lip. "Just finish getting ready. Meet us at our house when you're ready to go and Riker will drive all of us to the mall."

"What if I told you I was walking up your porch right now, getting ready to knock on the door?"

I started walking out of my bedroom and down the stairs. "Then I'd say your fast."

I hung up the phone, walked up to the door, and opened it revealing the love of my life standing right there in front of me.

She smirked. "Well I guess I'm faster than you."

"Hardy har har."

She laughed and pulled me in for a hug. I kissed the top of her head. "You're going to do awesome. I promise."

She smiled up at me and quickly pecked my lips.

"Hey," I said. "That was not a real kiss!

"Well, what if I said I didn't want to give you a real kiss " she said walking away slying.

I smiled. I knew what she was doing. "I'd say your nuts."

She looked at me. "Alright. I guess I'm nuts. Sue me!"

She walked even further away from me.

"Oh, come back here," I said running up to her and tickling her sides.

She started a laughing fit.

"Stop," she yelled between laughs. "You're... Killing... Me..."

I scooped her up into my arms and carried her over to the couch in the living room.

I tossed her on there and before she could get up, I laid down on top of her.

"Come on Laur," I said smirking. "Kiss me."

"Never!" She turned her head to the side so I wouldn't be able to kiss her lips.

I told hold of her sides and tickled them again.