Chapter 14

*Jess' POV*

"Jess dinner's ready" my mom called.

I walked over to my door and opened it and said: "I'm not that hungry I'm just gonna lay down."

"Okay." she replied.

I closed my door and plugged my iPhone into my speaker and played my playlist of sad songs.

-------------

Next Day

---------------

I woke up and looked at my clock to see it was seven a.m. My eyes widened I don't remember going to sleep so I didn't set my alarm clock.

I jumped up out of bed and grabbed and outfit and threw it on and quickly brushed my teeth and my hair.

I threw on my shoes and grabbed my backpack and ran downstairs. "Bye, mom!" I said. while running out the door. I pulled out my phone and looked at the time while I was waiting for the walk sign to turn on.

I saw that I had five minutes to get to school and into class. I heard the sign start to say walk so I started to run so I could get to class.

I made it just in time for class. "Ah, Ms. McConnell you came just in time." Ms. Huffman said.

"Yeah sorry, my alarm clock didn't go off." I said out of breath. I walked over to my desk and sat down.

Ms. Huffman started the lesson and the door opened everyone looked over at the door to see Harry standing there.

"Ah Mr. Styles you decided to grace us with your presence." she said while she sat down at her desk.

He walked silently over to his desk. He didn't look at me and give me his usual smirk. Well, I kinda expected it I mean I did tell him to leave me alone.

He didn't look up or around. He just looked down at his desk. I felt guilty for making him feel this way. What he did was uncalled for but so were my actions.

 I didn't have to be so harsh. But I did what I do best and that's push people away. After the lesson was done I got up and grabbed all of my books and shoved them into my backpack.

"Harry." I said.

He got up and walked out of the classroom. I ran out the classroom door trying to catch up with him. I saw his curly mop of hair walk out the door of the school.

I ran outside to see him leaning against the wall of the school smoking. "Harry I'm sorry I didn't mean to be so harsh." I said.

He ignored me and blew out a puff of smoke. "Please don't ignore me." I said.

"I'm sorry Jess I thought you wanted me to leave you alone. So that's what I'm doing" he spat.

"Harry I'm sorry I was having a bad day I regret saying those things to you," I said.

"Oh you mean I'm supposed to just forgive you after you apologized." he said annoyed.

"Yeah I mean that's how it's supposed to work right?" I asked.

"Oh you mean like how you forgave me after I apologized" he scoffed and threw his cigarette onto the ground and then he put his boot on top of it before he walked away.