Chapter 27

*Jess' POV*

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. He drove out of the parking lot and my grasp got tighter.

He stopped at the red light. "Could you loosen your grip, you have a death grip on me." He said while chuckling.

I rolled my eyes and shakily loosened my grasp. The light turned green and he went a little bit faster.

I buried my face into his back. And before I knew it he turned off the motorcycle. "You can let go know." He said while chuckling.

I let go and stepped off the motorcycle and shakily took off the helmet. I handed it to him and kept on shaking.

He laughed and grabbed my hand.  He grabbed a key out of his pocket and shoved it into the key hole. He unlocked it and let me walk in first.

I looked around and saw it was cleaner than I expected. "Where's your mom?" I asked and he let go of my hand and walked over to the couch and sat down.

Pain crossed his features and his eyes started to get watery. I walked over to him and kneeled in front of him.

"It's okay you don't have to tell me." I whispered. He looked up at me.  A tear escaped his eye.

I wiped his tear away with my thumb and kissed him. "Do you have any siblings?" I asked.

"No." he replied.

"Have you been living alone?" I asked.

"Yeah." He replied.

"This is the reason why I didn't want you to come here." He said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You have a family to come home to after school, while I come home to an empty house." He said.

I looked over to him. "I'm sorry." I said.

"You don't need to say that, it's not your fault." He replied.

"No I mean if I had never asked to come here this would've never happened." I said.

"You were going to find out sooner or later." He said.

"So what do you want to do?" I asked hoping to lighten the mood.

"I don't know what about going out, I know of this place not too far from here." He said.

"Okay, but can we take your car?" I said.

"Yeah." He said while chuckling.