Chapter 40

*Jess' POV*

*2 Hours Later*

"Harry I need something to drink." I said.

"Well what do you want me to do Jess? I don't have any water on me." He snapped.

"You want water? Here" he said while taking my wrist and dragging me over to a small stream.

"But what if it's contaminated?" I asked.

"It's either this or dying of dehydration." He said while cupping his hands together to get some water.

"C'mon Jess it tastes like water out of a hose." He said.

"You drank from a hose." I said.

"Who hasn't?"  He asked. I rolled my eyes and got some water. 

"Can we go now?" he asked and I nodded.

*1 Day Later*

It seemed as if we weren't going anywhere. "Jess do you hear that?" Harry asked as he stopped walking. I stopped to listen. I could hear the faint noise of a radio.

 Harry grabbed my face and kissed me and I kissed back. "I love you Jess." Harry breathed.

"I-I I love you too Harry." I say stunned. He smiles and kisses me. Then he grabbed my hand and started to run and me having to practically sprint because of his long strides. After we ran a pretty far distance we saw a gas station.

When we got there we immediately went up to the front counter. There was a boy about our age sitting at the counter with his head leaning on his hand with a bored look on his face. I saw that he had blonde hair and a lip piercing.

I looked down at his name tag and saw that it was Luke. I walked up to the counter with Harry behind me. "Hi is there a phone we could use?" I asked.

"You look familiar." He said completely ignoring my question.

"What are your names?" he asked.

"Harry Styles and Jess McConnell." Harry replied.

"Oh, I saw you two on the missing persons report on the news." He said.

"Is there a phone we could use?" Harry asked impatiently.

"Yeah." He said while handing Harry an older looking phone. Harry dialed some number and started to talk on the phone.

"Do you know how far we are from Holmes Chapel by chance?" I asked Luke.

"Yeah, you're a couple of hours away." he replied.

"Thank you." I replied and Harry hung up.

"Niall's coming to pick us up." He said.

"Okay, how does he know where we are?" I asked.

"I saw a little sign on the gas station." He said.

"I'll have him drop you off at your house and then I'll go to mine so I can pack." He said and I looked down.

"You'll be better off without me Jess." He said while lifting my head up.

"No I won't be Harry." I replied.

"I don't see why you won't come with me then." He said.

"Because I'm not going to follow you around like a lost puppy Harry." I said and walked to a different part of the gas station. Away from him.