Chapter 26

READ A/N AT THE END!!! IT'S IMPORTANT.

(MATTHEW'S P.O.V.)

I was going through the papers on my desk when I felt someone trying to mindlink me.

"Alpha, Alexandria is awake and her heat is gone." I heard Cassandra say.

"Ok. I'm on my way." I said as I got up and walked into my room. I grabbed a coat for Alex and head down to the pack hospital.

I am taking her out to dinner so she can get out of the house.

When I get there I go to her room and open the door.

I smiled at her and thought, 'even though she just woke up, she's still radiant.'

"How are you feeling?" I said and walked towards her.

She shrugs back in response.

"The doctor said you were allowed to go home once you wake up. I was thinking that on the way home we could stop and get some food." I said as I took the wires off of her arms and helped her up stand up.

"It's a little cold out, so I brought you a coat to keep you warm." I said as I helped her put on the thermal leggings and her coat.

I walk her to the truck and pick her up to put her in. I put the seatbelt on her and shut her door. I then walk to my side and get in. I start the car and start to drive out into the city.

Every once in awhile I would look over at her.

'She's so perfect' my wolf sighs as we watch her looking out the window and watching everything pass us.

I turn into the parking lot and park the car in one of the reserved places at the front of the restaurant.

I turn off the car and get out walking to the other side.

"Are you hungry now?" I looked at her after I open her door. She shook her head no.

"You're never hungry, are you?" I smiled at her.

She shrugged her shoulders again.

"Come on, you haven't eaten in about a week." I held out my hand and helped her out of the car. As we were entering the restaurant I felt her try to take her hand out of mine, but I held onto her hand with a firm grip, not too much to hurt her but enough where she couldn't let go.

We walked up to the hostess and he bowed his head respectfully to his King and Queen.
He took us to the table I had reserved earlier for us.

I pulled out Alex's chair for her and pushed her in after she sat down, I then sat down in my own seat.
"What would you like to drink?" He asked us while handing us menus.

"A bottle of beer and a glass of grape soda." I said to the waiter.

Damon told me that when Alex was younger, her favorite drink was grape soda.

"Yes Sir" the waiter said and walked away.

I saw that they had her favorite, fettuccini alfredo, Damon had also told me, "Do you want your favorite?" I looked up at her

She nodded her head enthusiastically.

I smiled and looked back at the folder to pick what I wanted. 

After a couple of minutes, the waiter comes back with our drinks, and I told him what we wanted to eat. After he wrote it down he took the menus and walked away again.

I looked at my mate admiring how adorable she is, 'how did we get so lucky' I hear my wolf say. She catches me staring and looked down.

"The food will be here in a little bit. Do you want to go to the bathroom before it comes?" I asked her worriedly because she hasn't gone since she woke up