Dylas x Reader

Your Pov:

It was a regular Saturday afternoon, which meant I had a lot of free time on my hands. Since Venti had now passed and we had defeated the Sechs, there was no more drama

It was bitter-sweet when Venti passed. I hope someday we can bring her back.

As I began my day by walking through town, I spotted Dylas at the river. No one would actually guess, but I have a crush on him.

Even though he's sometimes sour, he can brighten up my day and make me laugh without even realizing it.

"Hey Dylas!" I exclaimed, making my way o1ver to where he was fishing.

"Oh it's you." He said, glancing at me with a small smirk.

"Yup! You're going to have to deal with it." I answered grinning.

His expression softened, and he actually gave me a genuine smile.

"You're quite excited aren't you? What do you want me to do? A magic trick? Surprise. You're talking to Dylas." He said sarcastically.

I laughed even though I don't think he meant it to be funny.

He suddenly put his fishing rod away. "So Y/N...I know you might say no, but do you want to hang out tonight? We could go to Porcoline's?"

Dylas was all nervous and it was really cute. "Sure. What time?" I asked.

"Six o'clock." He answered. "I'll pick you up."

🖤🖤🖤

"Wait, wait, wait! You are going on a date with DYLAS?!" Freya asked me, which actually sounded more like screaming.

"For goodness sake, he said 'Do you want to hang out tonight!' not, 'Do you want to go on a date?'"

"It's the same thing, Y/N! And I am going to help you get ready for your da- I'm sorry 'hangout session.'" 

I rolled my eyes. "Geez Freya. You're such a child."

"Okay so if it's at Porcoline's, you need to dress fancy but not too fancy."

"Off we go to the closet. Yay." I said sarcastically as I let Freya take the lead.

Freya laughed, "Okay, this one is a freaking ball gown. No."

I rolled my eyes, "Obviously not."

"This one is armor. Wear this if you want to be a disappointment to me."

"Excuse me?"

She ignored me as she pulled out the perfect dress. It was light blue and knee length.It had a gorgeous flower design at the bottom which was threaded carefully with silver and white lace.

"Whoa...I didn't even know I owned this!" I said, feeling its silky fabric run through my hands.

Freya said something, but I was too busy examining the gorgeous dress.

"Y/N! Your date is Dylas, not the dress!"

Dylas's Pov:

"This is the only time I am going to ask a favor from you Doug."

How did I get so desperate I had to ask Doug for a favor?"

"Depends on what favor it is." Doug answered back. "Granny Blossom where does this go?" He asked/yelled at Blossom.

"Right there honey!" She said, pointing to a shelf. Then she went back to helping her customer at the register.

"As you were saying..." Doug continued, as he reached up to place the glass dish he was holding on a top shelf..

"I'm going on a date with Y/N." I blurted out.

Doug looked surprised and he almost dropped the dish "Whoa! Took you long enough! Here I was thinking it would never happen!"

"Yeah well I've been thinking the same about you and Freya!" I shot back.

He glared at me. "Do you want my help or not?"

"Fine."

3rd Person: 

"If he's nice enough, he'll pay. Though always suggest it first! Then he'll think you're sweet!" Freya told Y/N.

"Always pay for the meal!" Doug warned Dylas. "She'll try and offer but NO. Politely tell her it isn't needed."

"Try to be light! Bring up conversations that he'll like!" Freya suggested. "Like..fishing? Or...fish?"

"Bring up a conversation she'll enjoy to talk about! Like how she saved the world from the Sechs? Yeah, you should compliment her for that." Doug said.

"Uh wait. Wasn't it a whole group effort who saved the world?" I asked, crossing my hands.

"Geez! How hard is it to compliment her! Just thank her for participating!" 

🖤🖤🖤

Your Pov:

"Hey Y/N." Dylas greeted with a warm smile.

"Hey Dylas!" I greeted back. "Hey you should smile more often. You look cute." Suddenly both of us started blushing. Why did I say that? It just came out of my mouth! I needed to hold my tongue more...

"Thanks..." He mumbled. "I guess I should. I mean, customers would appreciate it more, right?"

"I would assume so."

We walked up towards the restaurant, occasionally, our hands would touch slightly, and we would both blush. I mean...I blushed. Maybe I imagined that he blushed as well.

"Hello you two lovebirds!" Porcoline exclaimed

"Um..." Dylas and I stammered

"Hey wait. We aren't-" Dylas started.

Porcoline interrupted him and cheerfully said, "Follow me to your table!"

Porcoline led us to a romantic spot which was perfect for two right by the grand piano. I suddenly felt nervous. 

Once we ordered our drinks, we had a pleasant conversation.

Doug's Pov:

"Yay! Mistletoe...er...parsley is set!" Freya exclaimed. I seriously had to put her on my shoulders since neither of us were tall enough to hang the parsley up ourselves.

I carefully set her down, and we began to laugh.

Freya pointed up, "Um...Doug?" She stammered.

The mistletoe was right above us.

"O-Oh."

She kissed my cheek, and squeezed my hand. "I think that's enough matchmaking for one night."

I laughed, pulling her closer to me, "Agreed."

Dylas's Pov:

"Thanks so much Dylas!" Y/N exclaimed grinning, "That was the best Christmas dinner I've had!"

"No problem." I reached out to grab her hand. She looked up at me and gave me a shy smile.

Suddenly, Y/N stopped.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Uh...Dylas. Look up."

My jaw dropped. "Mistletoe."

I pulled her into a kiss. After a few seconds, which seemed like a long time to me, we pulled away.

Suddenly I heard a familiar voice yell, "Haha! It's parsley not mistletoe!"

Another familiar voice screamed, "Shut up! You ruined the moment!"

Doug and Freya.

Why now?

And...I chased those two all the way throughout the village while Y/N kept laughing. I gave her a wink as I continued running faster to make sure those two got what was coming for them.

Hope you enjoyed!