Rod x Reader | Stressed

A/N: Sorry I haven't updated in awhile! I realized I got more reads on harvest moon one-shots so I'll do more Harvest Moon from now on. I will take Rune Factory 4, only on requests from now on!

Your Pov:

I was extremely stressed. I had lost the cooking competition, my parents were moving, my cat had died, and for some reason I hadn't seen Rod around.

Okay, yes, I know, I fell for Rod. Now shut up, it's a little embarrassing.

I mean, nothing is wrong with him- just that- I'm not exactly known to have crushes, okay?

Maybe I should check his shop in town. I thought. He's open today, so most likely he'll be there. 

Well, except last Tuesday. He wasn't open for some reason, and I have no idea why. I never got the chance to ask him about it either.

Humming a little tune, I skipped along the path into the heart of Echo Village. There I saw Rod's pet shop, and a couple of other shops, just waiting for customers.

"Hey Rod!" I exclaimed cheerfully, hoping I didn't sound too excited or-

Just calm down me!

"Hey Y/N!" He exclaimed back, "You here for something?"

My face fell just for a moment, remembering the sad death of Ginger, my ginger cat. (Obviously). Though I returned the smile as quick as possible and said, "Oh nah, I just haven't seen you around as much so I wanted to stop by and say Hi! Though if you want me to buy something I can!"

He nodded, "N-No! That's fine! You really shouldn't-um-that would be kind of rude of me, wouldn't it?"

I shrugged, "Okay." I guess he had a point. I would be buying stuff I really didn't want, (but I mean it's from Rod, so I would find a use for it), and I would have nothing to do with it.

I glanced around his stand for awhile, occasionally stealing glances at Rod once or twice. He spotted me doing so, and I kind of freaked out, so I looked down at some cat to hide my blush.

"Hey Y/N?" Rod said.

I spun around, "Yeah?" I answered.

"Can you meet me here at 17:00?" He asked me. (In Harvest Moon games they use military time. He actually just means 5:00). 

I nodded. I wonder what it is really. I'm getting quite anxious and I have five hours before I have to meet him here!

"Okay Rod, I need to get going, See you at 19:00!" I exclaimed happily, running off.

While I was doing so, I needed a way to quickly waste 7 hours. I knew it was going to pass by really slowly because I was just so anxious and excited to be spending time with Rod. 

Did he classify it as a date? No he just said "hanging out." Yeah. That's it! So what should I wear...?

Rod's Pov: (By the way....7 hour time skip :D)

Okay, it was 19:00. I was busy for the last seven hours, and I mean, I know it was kind of bad for business, I closed down my shop early.

As an "outside" shop owner, you could basically close and open your shop whenever you wanted to. Of course you had specific days you were usually open, but the schedules sometimes don't cooperate. 

Like this week.

To be honest, as I waited in the square, I was more nervous than excited. I mean sure, I should be celebrating really that Y/N said yes to my invitation, but I am really nervous. What if it all goes wrong? What if she cries instead of smiling and-

Calm down Rod!

Your Pov:

Calm down Y/N. Just calm down... I thought as I made my way to the place where all the shops were.

"Hey Rod!" I said greeting him, as I waved.

He gave me a small smile, "Hey Y/N!"

I made my way over to where he was, and asked, "So what are we going to do?"

"Hm...wanna hike the mountains? They're always pretty." He suggested.

"Sure." I answered. So far so good!

Rod and I made our way over to the mountains. They were always so peaceful, and occasionally you would see some wild animals.

We both made our way to the top of the mountain, and it was so beautiful. The sights, the atmosphere...everything.

"H-Hey Y-Y/N?" Rod said sounding nervous.

"Yeah?" I asked, facing towards him.

He pulled out a box, which had apparently been there, and I never noticed it.

"Open it." He said, once I had picked it up, and had it in my grasp.

Once doing so, a small kitten was laying inside, and it looked like it had just woken up.

The kitten looked a lot like ginger. I glanced over at the collar, which said, 'Date me?' 

"OF COURSE I WILL DATE YOU ADORABLE CAT!" I said jokingly, hugging it.

I looked up at Rod, who was smirking, and giving me that "Really?" look.

But then I added, "But I already have the perfect boyfriend." And kissed Rod.

I think that was the best day I've ever had so far.

OH MY GOSH GUYS!!! I CAN NOT THANK YOU ENOUGH FOR 80 VIEWS :DDDDDDDDDDD Sorry for not updating in awhile, and make sure to request! It can be Rune Factory 4, but i'm only doing those one-shots now if you request. But they can be Harvest Moon as well. (Lol that made no sense but i'm so hyped right now I don't care!) CYAA LATER!!! :D