Doug x Reader | It Takes Some Time

SPOILERS UP AHEAD. STOP. NOW. IF. YOU. DON'T. WANT. THEM!

THIS TOOK FOREVER TO WRITE! OH MY GOSH! It's the longest one I've done.

The fanart up top is so beautiful I love it!<3 (I've stared at it for so long, my sister came over to check out what I was looking at, and rolled her eyes.) I so badly want to make it my lock screen but I think my friends would be like "What the...?" Anyway, I was casually playing Rune Factory 4 again and was like, "OK, I already got Doug, now I need Dylas because I feel like I need to, sense he is literally so sweet." And I failed because every single time Doug would say something cute, or do something stupid I would practically scream at myself like a maniac saying, "THIS IS WHY I LOVE HIM D:<" In the end, I got pretty far, boosting it up my relationship with Dylas to a three, and then quitting the game. Now I feel really bad because I wooed Doug, then Dylas. What kind of person am I? 😂😂😂

Anyways Enjoy THIS EXTREMELY LONG ONE SHOT!

Your Pov:

I was on the Observatory, a place...no one really went to. I mean of course occasionally someone would come up, look in a telescope or two, and then climb down the steps and leave. Some people would say hi, and of course I would smile, and wave. 

But on the inside, that's not how I was feeling.

Doug...

We had made so many memories up here together, whether him threatening to push me off (Jokingly), or us holding hands, all of those were...

Gone...

I sighed. To recap, if you're confused, (You probably are, let me explain).

Ventuswill is the guardian of our town, and she is a "god." Basically, her job is to protect all of us in Selphia. She's probably the strongest person...er...SPECIES I know.

Actually she's the strongest thing in this world.

Anyway, without the four Rune Spheres, stones that possess energy and give Venti, (I call her Venti), the strength to survive, well...without them....

She'll be dead.

A society called the Sechs, (Yes I know what your thinking, and YES IT IS PRONOUNCED THAT WAY.) want to get all the Rune Spheres because they want to kill Venti...

You can probably see where this is going...

The Sechs convinced Doug when he was younger that Venti killed his family. That's impossible, because Venti can't travel out of Selphia, because she's a Native Dragon. Now Doug has joined their side.

So I have three out of the four of the Rune Spheres... and you know who has the other one?

Doug.

Yeah.

Awkward.

I glanced back at the golden and silver lined staff that I had been messing with in my palm. Doug had given it to me, back when we were okay with each other.

Exiting the Observatory, I made my way back to the castle to check up on Venti. She was extremely sick lately, without the Rune Spheres.

Before I could enter someone grabbed my hand.

It was Doug.

Oh gee, I'm so glad to see you Doug.

NOT.

His eyes went down to my free hand, where he saw I saw holding the staff. With an angry glare, I stuffed it into my bag.
"You kept it after all this time...? No wait, you have to listen Y/N, she's NOT who you think she is!"