Dylas x Reader x Leon | Sacrifices We Must Make

I haven't done RF4 in a while, and I had this really good idea! Enjoy!

(Also, in case you were wondering, Maria actually isn't an OC. She's mentioned in Leon's pre-marriage event, as his childhood best friend. On the other hand, Marvin is an OC I made just to keep the story progressing).

Maria and Leon were off. Exploring the world together. My two best friends.

It was hard honestly. Seeing the two of them all happy. To be honest, I honestly have loved Leon all my life. I escaped from my old harsh life, and came to the town of Selphia scared, and helpless. Leon was the first person who saw me, grabbed my hand, and lead me towards the town, assuring me everything would be alright. Ever since that day, I always had feelings for him.

I sighed, as I sat down, putting my bare feet in the lake. Leon and I would come here all the time. Just the two of us. It was our secret place- even Maria didn't know about it.

"Hey."

I turned around, Dylas was standing there, smiling at me. He sat down next to me.

"You okay?"

"Yeah." I responded, "Thanks for um...joining me."

"No problem." He said, "Nicer when you have company, huh?"

I couldn't help but smile. I had talked to Dylas sometimes, and he was nothing but nice to me. Sure, a little distant, but once I got to know him, I really liked him.

I quietly skipped a rock, and watched as Dylas picked up a pebble, and skipped it farther.

"Show off!" I yelled, grinning. "I can do better!"

"Oh you're on!" He exclaimed, as we both started grabbing pebbles, and throwing them at the same time.

It was a lot of fun.

Life wasn't so bad with Dylas around, in fact, I really liked hanging around him.

And suddenly, I got this kind of butterfly feeling.

We quietly sat there for a minute 'till a huge pained roar was echoed throughout the town. I looked around, wondering if it was an animal, but then I realized:

Venti.

"I-I gotta go!" I exclaimed, leaving Dylas behind, and confused.

I got up and sprinted towards the castle, worried sick, as I saw the dragon in pain, lying before me as I reached the throne room.

"Y/N...I'm dying. You need to let go. You shouldn't have come."

Tears filled my eyes, "N-No Venti. Not now."

She gave me a sad smile, "I'm sorry. The rune spheres are gone. I can't live any longer."

"What if- what if I gave you my power?" I asked her, helplessly, "What if I became a guardian?"

"Y/N, no. You're so young. Only 19. I will not let you give up your life only to buy me a few more years."

I struggled to speak, "Venti...I have nothing to look forward to in life. I'm sorry..."

I concentrated, and then a flash of light filled the room, as I felt free seeing this huge beam of bright calm light.

***

"She WHAT?!" Dylas exclaimed, anger flowing through him, "Y/N traded herself without saying goodbye?! If I had just gone with her when she ran away...I could have stopped her! I could have..."

Venti felt guilt, like it was her fault, "I-I-I couldn't stop her, she just did it. I'm sorry Dylas, I know how much you cared."

"It's not your fault." Dylas, Amber, and Dolce responded back, at the same time.