Allen x Reader | Getting Along

If you want to see me ranting about people judging bachelors...read the A/N!

I wrote this because this is how I felt when I first got introduced to Allen. Enjoy! :3

Your Pov:

From the start, we didn't like each other.

It was obvious. I was humble, he was the exact opposite. I was off-task, he was focused. I was ready to go out and enjoy the sunshine, he was ready to stay indoors and work.

ALL THAT MAN WANTED TO DO WAS THINK HIGHLY OF HIMSELF AND WORK.

I'm talking about that red-headed guy named Allen. How he bugs me.

I was casually walking along the path of Echo Village until I approached the salon. I sighed, running a hand through my hair.

As much as I didn't want to, I seriously had to go in the salon.

No matter WHAT, if Allen wanted to start a mess, I wasn't going down.

I marched into the salon with a confident look on my face. Allen glanced up from his work. He had been arranging hair supplies.

"Oh, it's you."

I wanted to groan. This was off to a GREAT start.

"Look, I'm going to be nice here, and give you a pass. I haven't ran a business before but that should NOT be how you greet people." I snapped.

"Who told me you could tell me what I can and cannot do?" Allen shot back.

"Well clearly you think that it's okay to do so!" I yelled.

Allen sighed in frustration, and pointed to the seat. "Well sit down." He said, pointing towards the seat.

I was almost surprised on how easy he had given up. Crossing my arms, I sat down on the seat.

The funny thing was, Allen was great with hair. It actually feels good when he... fixes it? I have no idea on what to call it.

"Your hair is a mess! And so dirty too! The question is...How do you keep it like this?" He exclaimed wincing.

"No the question is 'How do you even get customers?'" I spat back.

I covered my hands over my mouth. "That was kind of rude, sorry." I apologized.

Noticing Allen's reaction, was pretty strange. He continued my hair in silence for the rest of the time. His face was pale, and his eyes were glazed over. I didn't even have the courage to strike up a conversation. Even if I did, I think he would just ignore me anyway.

Oh no Y/N, what the heck did you do? I thought. He's your freaking hairdresser. He's going to make your hair look like a rats nest.

Well I was surprised by the outcome.

My hair looked better than it ever had before.

It was cut in a bob, but it was one of those volumized ones, so it was really cute.

"T-Thanks Allen." I managed to get out, surprised by what he had done.

He sighed, "Y/N, we need to talk."

I nodded, "Yeah?"

"Look, I'm sorry okay? I guess I have been a bit tough. Er...do you mind if we just kind of..."

"Start over?" I filled in. He nodded.

I smiled, "Sure. I'm sorry too."

As I turned to leave, Allen yelled, "Don't make me say it again!"

I laughed quietly to myself.

~A YEAR AND A HALF TIME SKIP!!! Brought To You By Puppies~

A whole year and a half had gone by, and believe it or not, Allen and I had started dating. We surprised everyone with this fact, as everyone knew we did not get along.

Well, I'll sheepishly admit that I kind of wanted to get married to Allen. I did the only thing I should do. I got myself a hold of a blue feather, and planned to propose.

It usually isn't girls who propose, but I was always ready for a change. 

Working up my courage I pulled Allen somewhere more quieter.

I nervously held out the blue feather.

"I-I'm sorry Y/N. I can't accept." Allen stammered.

"I knew it...it was too early." I said, turning around to leave.

Allen grabbed a hold of my hands. "Please let me tell you the reason why."

After me saying nothing, he cleared his throat.

"Alright don't tell anyone I said this, but you have made me an extremely happy person...and I mean I guess that you kind of cleared my head, and made me realize that I care about another you... more than you know."

Aww... Wait what?! Then why isn't Allen excepting my proposal?!

As if hearing my thoughts he continued, "I-I love you Y/N... that's why I can't accept your proposal. I want you to accept mine."

He got down on one knee, and held out the feather to me. My hands flew to my mouth, and I almost started crying as I nodded.

"Don't do anything stupid Y/N." He said while embracing me.

Ah. There's typical Allen.

"WAY TO RUIN A MOMENT ALLEN!" I yelled jokingly.

Though I was kind of serious too.

Okay guys, All these bachelors and bachelorettes, (mostly bachelors) are getting judged on how they look, and it's so annoying. I get that they might look young, but it doesn't mean that they're any different. I've heard these comments with bachelors like Rod, Dirk, Hinata, Mistel, Fritz, and so much more. It gets on my nerves. I know they aren't REAL people, in which case, if they were i'd be really upset, but there's been a lot of hate going towards the creators.

Also people are judging people on how they act. Mostly in ANB, which I don't really understand. People act that way. Allen probably doesn't know how to interact with people THAT well, because he's NOT going to be one of those bachelors like Wayne or Raeger who are the ladies man, and just have girls fawn over them. (And extremely hot. Or have the luck like Wayne and try and be polite but have it come out differently xD) Also I've seen people say Rod and Hinata are too happy. Someone even commented that Rod was so happy that it was almost serial killer happy. 

Can I just say that people shouldn't judge the HM bachelors and bachelorettes on how they look and act? The creators of Harvest Moon shouldn't be getting hate on something so small like this. Plus, I've wooed, Rod, Dirk, Hinata, and Fritz and Mistel are literally the best so NO HATE.

I feel kind of bad for the creators now... they're trying there best to keep us happy, and THANK YOU TO THE PEOPLE WHO LIKE THESE BACHELORS BECAUSE JOIN THE CLUB.

I'm kind of nervous HM will remove that type because people are so against them looking "Younger."

Okay that's it, and DON'T JUDGE ME! I needed to get that off my chest.

Okay bye!