Doug x Reader | A Waiting Game

I'M THE WORST AT UPDATING I AM SO SORRY!

Hope you enjoy! I took a risk with this one, but I personally like how it turned out! Enjoy!

(Also, I hope you all don't mind that I didn't make the main character the princess of Selphia, Frey. It would make the idea harder to right.)

I just wish, just for once someone would ask me how I was doing, or how I felt. It was always the same:

"Hey Y/N, how's Frey? She doing well?"

"Y/N! Tell Frey the new festival idea was amazing!"

"Hi Y/N! Tell Frey she did amazing sword fighting today!"

That's when I met him.

I was walking down Selphia, not in the best mood. I mean, Frey and I got into a huge fight. I suggested that she should bring me along to the water ruins to find the mysterious voices, and she completely shut me down.

"No! You're too little!" She told me, "You're my younger sister, and I'm not letting anything happen to you!"

I'm seriously only a year younger than her.

I couldn't even stay in the same room as her. She was always babying me. 

So I left the castle, knowing exactly where I was headed. Before I knew it I had left Selphia and was exploring outside of the town. My twin daggers were swinging beside me, and I reached out to grasp one of their handles.

You never know when someone sneaks up on you.

I let out a satisfactory sigh, as I found myself face to face with a ancient looking building. I knew right away that this was the water ruins.

Venturing inside, the first thing I saw was a weird stone which seemed to be engraved with an ancient language.

My curiosity got the better of me, so I knelt down to read what it said.

I was so focused on the words that I didn't even notice the monster creeping up behind me, until I heard a pained roar.

There was a (not going to lie), very handsome, redheaded man standing right behind me. I had seen him around town and believed his name was "Doug." I yelled out a cry of surprise, and almost fell down, until he caught my hand, "Whoa!" He exclaimed. 

He tugged me close to him to prevent me from falling, so we were inches apart. All I could see were his grey eyes. I cleared my throat, stepping away.

"Geez, Y/N, you have to pay more attention." Doug said, giving me a stern glance, his voice filled with worry.

I could feel my face flushing, "Erm...sorry?" I apologized, it coming out more like a question.

He ran his hand through his hair, "What the heck are you doing out here all alone?" He asked.

I was quiet for a moment, could I trust him?

After a few seconds, I spoke up, "Well the same goes for you, since you clearly came out here by yourself as well."

Doug looked down for a second, "I come out here to clear my head." He explained. 

"Well I guess the same goes with me." I responded.

We were quiet for awhile until he looked up, "We should probably get back, yeah?"

I nodded.

"You promise you won't tell my sister that I was out here?" I said trying not to sound nervous.