Ash x Reader | My Princess

Man, this one is long! Sorry it took awhile. 

My sweaty palms ached. Why? Well I bet your hands would be sore after gripping onto the reins of a horse for hours.

I had just moved from a village called Echo Village, hoping that I could settle down nicely in this new town called Bluebell.

Right now I'm only ten minutes away.

Echo Village thrived when I was a child, but I had noticed the downfall before it happened. The town was suffering. The harsh weather conditions made it rather hard to keep track of your crops, and to make sure your animals weren't stressed.

Business wasn't doing well in any shops, and the mayor Dunhill certainly wasn't spotting the recent changes.

My parents decided that I should move, and apologized to Dunhill. I had conversed with them over the time about the difficulties I was having, and they took it quite well.

I'm not sure what they were deciding to do yet.

Anyway, I had been traveling for over five hours. I had taken a small lunch break, and occasionally rested to let myself and the horse relax.

Though this was it. I was five minutes away from Bluebell, and I smiled once I made my way down the mountain, relaxing once I got through the gates.

"Ah! Y/N, was it?" An old man asked, smiling. He had light blonde hair, and a mustache to match. You occasionally saw a few white streaks here and there.

A woman, (who I assume was his wife), was next to him, greeting me with a warm smile.

"Yup! That's me." I responded enthusiastically, remembering that first impressions were something that REALLY mattered.

"Great!" He responded. "I'm Rutger, and this is my wife Rose. Follow me, your house should be ready."

Following Rutger, I was glancing around at all my surroundings taking in the lush green atmosphere, and the familiar scent of plants.

The man led me up the stairs of the plaza, and I spotted a statue with a stone carving of a cow, sheep, and chicken.

I guess it was representing that this town focused on livestock, and taking care of your animals was important.

The town hall was right behind the statue, causing the stone carving to look rather small compared to the buildings huge height.

I noticed a quaint little building next to it with cherry blossom trees on either side of the entrance. A stone path led up to the wooden door which had intricate carvings designed into it.

"Here is your house." Rutger said.

Well, way to state the obvious.

"Follow me inside."

I practically skipped inside, seeing the living room/kitchen. The kitchen was actually super nice and-

I can't cook.

Oh no.

I CANNOT cook.

Setting THAT problem aside, I decided to take in the beautiful bedroom with white, smooth, wooden floors, and light bluish walls.

(Of course there was a bathroom but I mean, who would want me describing my bathroom?).

"It's perfect." I said.

Rutger smiled, "I'm glad you like it. You might want to thank Eileen. She's the one who built it."

My eyes widened, "Eileen... she built this ALL on her own?!" I exclaimed.