Checkmate! (Chapter 36)

(y/n)'s POV
"Welcome, (y/n) and her friends," Father welcomed us.
"I'm sure you have something to say, right (y/n)?" Mother asked.
"Father.. Mother..."
.
.
.
"Firstly, the thing I'm doing towards (y/k/n) is for its own good-"
"You've become an arrogant child, have you. Who do you think you are? Know your place, child," Mother said.

Obi's POV
I gritted my teeth.
(y/n) has been through a lot of pain and it's not over yet?! Even her foster parents is giving more pain to her?! I can't hold it anymo-
Suddenly, I feel a hand squeezing mine. It's (y/n)'s hand.
(y/n)...
I squeezed back.

"I don't care about how you treat me, nor how you think of me, but if it's about putting (y/k/n) in danger, I won't stay still!" (y/n) said with a clear voice.
"We're doing this for the best of (y/k/n), to expand its land!"
"But, what about the people?! You're just putting other kingdoms in sorrow. You're making more enemies!" (y/n) cried.
"Who cares about others. We're the best at military. We won't give pity," the King replied back in a harsh voice.
"That's wrong! You're wrong! (y/k/n) won't be happy like that! Having happiness by making other people suffer? Don't joke around with me! I don't care if I'm labeled as a criminal or what, but! You're only looking at your own perspective!"
"Look at others' perspective. Please! I don't want people to suffer!" (y/n)'s voice seems trembling, like holding her tears.
"Know your place! You're just a child we picked up from that island, and you! You're trying to order us around?!" the Queen exclaimed angrily.
"You two should be the one who knows your place! Without a single army, what do you think you can do?" (y/n) fight back.
"What do you mean-"
"Everything is under my control." (y/n) takes out her walkie-talkie and send and order.
"Do it, Shin, Gin."

Suddenly, loud banging noises can be heard.
It's the sword sheath banging to the floor again and again.
The Queen and the King started to panic and see through the window.
They're surrounded. By every single people in (y/k/n).
"You two are surrounded," (y/n) said with a clear voice.
"If you won't listen to me, then I have no choice, but to use the harsher way."
"What do you want?"
"Open the window and listen to the people's wishes. It's truly from their heart. Do you really hear their opinions? We're humans! We make mistakes! And we're not a perfect being!" (y/n) exclaimed.
The King opens the window and he and the Queen hear the people's voices.
"Please, Your Majesty! Stop the war!"
"We're already grateful of the land area (y/k/n) has!"
"Please!!"
.
.
.
The King and the Queen stays silent for a while, not moving. His lips is quivering, too shocked and ashamed of what horrible choice he chosen.
"You heard them, right? Then, what's your answer, Your Majesty?" (y/n) smiled.
"My people!" the King started to speak.
The people instantly stay silent.
"I'm sorry for everything. I've done a terrible thing, choosing the wrong path. Please forgive me," the King bowed down.
"I'm to full of myself and forgot to hear all of your opinions. And it's all thanks to my daughter for making me remember," the King smiled looking at (y/n).
It seems that everything will be alright for now.
"Because of that, I want to start again from the bottom. That's why, I hope for your assistance," the King bowed down.
"Of course, Your Majesty!"
"We all make mistakes, Your Majesty!"
"Thank you, everyone," the King thanked them.

(y/n)'s POV
It's all over. Then, CHECKMATE.
Timeskip
Obi's POV
"(y/n), you look pale," I said looking at her intensely.
"Really? Maybe I'm just tired. Ahahaha.."

Flashback (1 hour ago)
"That's why (y/n), we want you to be the next leader of (c/n). Will it be alright?" Haruki asked.

30 minutes later...
"I'm sorry, Dear. I know that you won't forgive us, for doing such harsh treatment to you, but we want you to be the next Queen of (y/k/n)," the King said.
"We won't force you to do that, of course, so take your time and think this throughly," the Queen smiled.

Flashback  END
Obi's POV
I'm sure (y/n) is so troubled right now because of what happened a while ago...
Somehow, I hug her tightly, her head resting on my chest.
"I will support you, whichever path you choose. I will stay by your side," I said.
"Choose... I see! I got it! Thank you, Obi! I feel so much, much better now," she ruffled my hair.
"(y/n)?"
"I know which path I will choose."
"I will forge my own path!" (y/n) smiled.

_______________________________________

(y/n) has choose her path, but it seems like it's neither of those two she had. What kind of path will she forge? And what will happen to her and Obi? Check it out next week, the last chapter!

Whoa, WHOA!!!! Next week will be the last chapter everyone!! I hope you look forward to it.

Have a nice day everyone!! (・∀・)