Chapter nine - Can't we just lie in bed all day, and make sleep and love?

Shawn's POV
——————————————
After our special time together, we continue to lie there under the blankets, arm in arm, and her head on my chest. I stare into her eyes, and she stares back. Her eyes are magnificently beautiful. They are bright blue, almost like an ocean, and they seem to have a little green mixed in. Unlike mine, which are only hazel brown. Boring brown.

"Hey Shawn?" I hear her ask me after a couple moments of silence.

"Yes, dear?" I ask, looking at her face seeing that she is confused about something.

"How much do you love me?" She says, and I put on a slightly confused face, and try to explain just how much I do love her.

"Well, I love you so much that I would always keep you safe, no matter how much danger it puts ME in. I love you so much, that I give up anything and everything for you." I say, calmly and in a quiet whisper, as if there were other people in the house, which there wasn't because her mom and dad were seeing their grandma.

"Well. If you love me that much, would it count if you said that you would hurt other people for me when they hurt me?" She says and I get a slight smile on my face.

There is a small silence in between us, and we lie there. As soon as I start smiling, I see her spread a smile on her face, which makes me light up inside.

"Yes. I would hurt people if they do anything that would damage you in any way. I love you too much. More than that other girl." I say, and she smiles and chuckles at the last part. Her chuckle is too cute, so it makes me chuckle.

"I love you, Shawn. I really do." She says, coming to me to plant a couple of kisses on my lips before I can say it back. I kiss her back, and we lie there.

"I love you too, Mrs. Adams," I say and I see her light up. "Tell you what. If you would like, I would be glad to take you somewhere tomorrow night. Somewhere special. Dress up nice tomorrow night, 7:45 pm and I will take you somewhere." I say, and she lights up again, nodding her head in agreement.

"Yes. I would like that very much." She says and plants 4 more soft small kisses on my lips.

As soon as we turn our ways, I turn toward the wall and think that Melony turned the opposite way, but she seems to turn around, and wrap her arms under mine, and around my chest, spooning me. I smile and I put my big, warm hands on top of hers, and I can feel her smile pierce through me. We stay there and slowly fall into a good night's sleep.
——————————————————
We wake up, and it is 11:30 am, and I slowly open my eyes and see that the bed is empty, and Melony is stand in next to the closet door, in her underwear. I smile and whine about having to get out of bed.

"Come on sleepy head. Time to get up for the day." She says and I let out a sleepy groan, and she smiles and chuckles softly.

"But I don't want to. Can't we just lie in bed all day, and make sleep and love?" I say, trying to get my point across, that I was tired, and I just wanted to kiss her all day.

"Wish that could be a possibility, but I have some trips to run. We can lie down and sleep some other time. Come on muffin man, get out of bed." She says, and I groan once again and slowly roll out of bed. I playfully plop onto the floor, and she looks at me and laughs at me.

"I will stay on the floor. How about that?" I say, and she looks at me and continues to chuckle at me at how much I am complaining.

"No, Shawn. We have to go somewhere today, and plus, we have a date tonight. Remember? Last night conversation." She says and I put on a surprised face, remembering that I did tell her that. Remembering that I loved her too much to give up anything, even my sleep.