Chapter Thirtyone - Well, mummy says it's time for school

Shawn's POV (At eta.)
---------------------------------------
She looks deep into my eyes, and I couldn't be any happier. When we get home, I am going to do anything I can to keep her safe. She hasn't been to school in four days, and neither have I. We just need some rest. I have missed her more than anything in the world. She was everything to me, and to have her back, right here in my arms, means I can hold her again. Keep her safe. Because she is mine.

"I missed you, Shawn," Melony says, and all I can do is smile, and hug her tightly. Her waist was small, and I could see her violent bruises and some blood rashes on her wrists, as her hands lie on my chest peacefully.

"And I missed you, Miss Adams," I say back, locking my lips into hers for a moment.

Her lips were a little rough and chapped, but I can't blame her. Something was off. I could feel someone else's lips that were on hers. Zayn. First, he kidnaps her, then he tricks her? What more did this guy do to her that she didn't like? She was terrified. When will he ever learn to back off? I get filled with little anger but push it away. She is here, right now. I need to focus on that first. She means more than anger.

I kiss her sweet lips one last time before I let her go. It feels good to have her again. She smiles up at me, and I can tell that she was breaking down inside. Her eyes were a dark green, and I could tell she was hiding a frown. I know her. Just like she knows me.

"When we get home, we can go to sleep, and you can tell me everything," I say, and she nods.

I open her door for her, and she climbs in and buckles up. She plays with the hem of her shirt, and it makes me look down at her slightly exposed hip. It sets me off, so I close her door and get in myself. I start the car, and before I can even pull out of the gas station, Melony has already passed out. She must have been tired.

Getting home was going to take a while, and she was pale. I can tell she hasn't eaten much. I softly shake her shoulder, and her eyes flutter open.

"Hey. Are you hungry?" I ask her and she nods. Her stomach rumbles a second later, and we both chuckle softly. "What would you like to eat?"

"Anything, please. I'm starving." She says, as she lays her seat back, and closes her eyes again.

I drive up to a fast food drive-thru and order something for her, and something small for me. When I get to the window, I give the cashier the money needed and wake up Melony. She gets her food and begins to eat. When she gets done, she puts her trash in the bag and sets it on the floorboard.

She looks at me with sleepy eyes and smiles. I smile back and let her sleep the rest of the way home.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After about an hour and a half of driving, Melony was awake and looking out the window. The drive was pretty quiet, except for the few 'I love you's' said here and there. When I pull into the driveway, she lets out a long sigh, and it makes me smile.

I get out and take her in the house. When we get inside, we go upstairs and Melony gets undressed as do I. We both change, and I notice the bruises on her stomach, wrists, feet, and ankles. It worries me, but I shake it off. She walks into the bathroom and starts the shower water. I follow her in, undressing the rest of myself. We both get in, and the water completely soaks both of us. The feeling of the warm water on my back soothes me.

Melony comes closer to me and wraps her arms around me. I do the same, placing my arms around her small waist, and keep them there. She lays her head on my chest and begins to just cry. I hold onto her, and let her cry. She has been through a lot, and I am going to let her do anything she needs to. Plus, I'm guessing that being pregnant is hard to her. Maybe she just needs some time.