Chapter fourteen - Wow. I am strangely confused.

Melony's POV

As I walk past Zayn, he smiles at me and grabs my arm harshly. I try to pull away, but he has me by his tough grip.

"Just don't forget that I will have you, Melony." He whispers harshly into my ear, and my face turns into disgust.

"Just know that I already have someone that cares about me, and I care about him too, so why don't you just back off like the nerd you really are," I say to him and his face turns into surprise.

"You WILL have me, whether you like it or not." He says harshly as I try to pull away from him.

"YOU'RE HURTING ME!" I yell, but he doesn't let go of me.

"So what. I know about you and Mr. Mendes." He says and I wince at the pain from his strong grip.

"GET OFF ME ZAYN!! YOU'RE HURTING ME!" I yell, and everyone around stops to look at us, and just my luck, I see Mr. Mendes coming toward us.

"ZAYN MILAK! GET OFF OF HER! YOU NOW HAVE DETENTION FOR INVASION OF PRIVACY! NOW GO!" Mr. Mendes yells, and as soon as Zayn let's go, I hide my arm so that Mr. Mendes can't see the bad bruise on my arm.

"Thank you, Mr. Mendes," I say and he smiles. He walks away, and I swear that he winks at me. I run to my locker and find Emily standing there.

"Oh My God Melony! What the hell happened down there?" She says, and I can feel myself burning up and I don't know how to tell her about anything. 

At all.

"Can I tell later, Em?" I say

"Yes. But you call me." She says and I smile.

"Love you. Got to go to class okay?" I say and she hugs me

"Love you, babe. You call me when you get home." She says and we part our ways to go to class.

Wow. I am strangely confused.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After I get done with math, I head to Mr. Mendes's class. As I walk in the hallways, I see Emily walk up to me.

"Can you tell me what happened?" Emily asked and my smile twists.

"No. I'm just too confused. After everything that's happened, I just don't think that-" I say, but I'm interrupted by Emily

"Hey. It's ok. Just call me when you get home. Okay?" She says, and I am extremely happy to have a good friend like her by my side. She understands everything.

"I will. Promises." I say, and she smiles.

"Love you, babe." She says, and I give her a hug before I go to Mr. Mendes's class.

"Love you too," I tell her back. She is my best friend. Since kindergarten.

I walk to class and see a few people in there. I sit at my desk, that is close to Mr. Mendes's desk.

"Okay. Let's start class." I hear him say, as he walks over to close the door of the classroom, not even noticing me. When he walks back, his eyes fall on me, and they stare into mine. When he walked to the front of the class, he writes something on the board.

"Today we have a quiz. 35 questions. Each in has 2 parts. Multiple choice. Hope you do well." He says as he starts to pass around papers. When he comes to my desk, he stops, and rest his hands on the desk.

"What do you want, Mendes?" I whisper, and he flinches at the name. 

I can't do this. I don't think that I can do this again. The reason we broke up was for a stupid reason, that I wanted to solve, but I couldn't.

"I want..." He says before he pauses.

"I don't know right now. Can we talk about this later?" I whisper again, and he nods. His face turns into a frown, and I immediately began to work on my quiz without looking up.

When I get finished, Mr. Mendes comes around to pick the quizzes up. Since the class is over I realize that I have to stay in Mendes's class because I still have a C. When he comes to my desk, he stares at me. Everyone has left. I look down so that my eyes don't meet his.

"Melony..." He says, not finish in his sentence. 

We sit in silence before I look at his eyes.

"Thank you. For..." I say as tear rolls down my cheek.

"For saving me from Zayn," I say, and his face lights up.

"Your welcome. Did he do anything to you?" He says and I debate whether or not I should tell him that Zayn left a big bruise on my arm from his grip.

"He...Hurt my arm" I say, and his face turns with anger

"Let me see," he says, so I show him the bruise on my left arm. 

He runs his fingers over it smoothly, and I wince at the pain from the bruise making another small tear rolling from my cheek.

"I need to handle this. Not you." I say, and his face turns with anger and sadness.

"No. I need to let him know that this is not okay." He says as he walks to the door,

"No! He is my problem, not yours." I say, quickly rushing to the door to stop him.

"No, Melony. Nobody hurts you." He says and I am stunned by his words. He shoots out the door of the classroom, and I want to stop him, but something tells me that there is going to be the reason for Zayn's injuries.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I walk out of the classroom, I look to see if anyone is watching. No one was in the hallway, everyone was gone, and going home. I walk into the hallways, and I see Zayn staying after school. He walked down the hallway, and he had a cut on his lip and a bruise on his left cheek and eye. He muttered something under his breath but I couldn't hear what he said.

I walked out to the school parking lot, and there was nobody in the school parking lot except for someone standing next to the black jeep that I thought looked familiar. I walk closer to the black Jeep and see, Guess Who? Shawn. He turns around and looks at me, and I can't help but stare at his gorgeous hazel brown eyes that I adore.

"Melony-" He starts to say, and I cut him off. 

I wrap my arms around his waist and hold on as tight as I can. His arms snake around my body, and he immediately warms me. I missed his touch the past three days. And the only things that I ate were gummy worms and sprite. They were my favourite snack. He knew that.

"I-" I say, but I can't finish. I start to cry and he holds me tighter. 

I dig my head into his chest and his shirt starts to become wet from the tears of sorrow. His chest is warm, and it shoots heat through the body tingling my toes. I look up at his eyes, and a few tears stream down my face.

"It's ok. I'm here. Shhh." he whispers into my ear. 

I continue to cry softly into His chest, and I start to feel rain pouring down. It pours rain on our heads as we stand in the parking lot, collided.

"Shawn, I-I am really s-sorry," I say my voice raspy from crying.

"Hey, it's ok. We both just lost our temper. It happens. It's ok." He says, and I feel happy. We look deeply into each other's eyes, and before I know it, our lips are connected. Something I have dreamed of is coming true.

I kissed someone in the rain.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey!!! So you're probably thinking that they are back together, but I guess you will have to see. 

Please like, vote, or follow me. It would make me very happy. that puts my heart in a place so happy. Please keep reading. Enjoy the book. Love see you in the next one--xoxo<3