Date night.... Or not?

"Damn!!! You guys commented!! Finally but thank you tho. For the reads and the comments. I really appreciate it. Story ain't perfect but you guys are reading. Its messed up but just stick with me and we'll get somewhere....Filler Chapter" ~ MissInvisibleAdrii

There was nothing that alittle make up couldn't fix. After leaving school, getting home, ignoring my family, crying. I decided to go meet Shawn, it wasn't smart since my feelings are all over the place and my mind was on Mason and his new boo but maybe Shawn could do something for me. All I want is Mason back but obviously I won't get him back. But getting close to somebody now isn't smart.
Damn! Am I even trying? I just slapped him. Maybe I should talk to him, and explain to him how I feel about him. But I just have this feeling that he is long gone.

I drove to the ice-cream parlor and met Shawn inside. I wasn't a fan of ice cream but I was eating a cone of vanilla chocolate. I just took something that sounded familiar.

"....Stanford is going to be great" Shawn filled me in on information I already knew. He was a nice guy, and I probably deserve someone simple but I am not ready. It isn't my emotional status only but what if I mess up again. "Going to the last game?".

I looked up at him since I was staring at the table top for some long. " I guess so" I wasn't too happy about it. It won't be the last time I see Mason but I'll see him in all his glory and have to watch Heather bask in it.

"You have to go. David is playing and anybody that knows you or him, knows that you two are a great duo" I looked up at him in shock. I remember before this whole downward spiral started. He was like a big brother to me. He was always protective, always doing those weird hand shakes. Having nicknames for me like once he called me "kitty" but that faded when it just couldn't stick. We were close, I was always his wing-girl. I was always with him and Mason until Briana came along. Kinda miss those simple days.

"You actually smiled" I started focusing on Shawn again. "You are beautiful but when you smile, it increases by 10%" I had to laugh at that. He is such a cutie.

"Enough about me. What have you been so busy with?" I flashed him a faint smile.

"I work at my uncle's mechanic shop after school so I am a bit taken up. I am not really around school often either. Just get in and out" His dimples catch my attention. Why haven't I ever taken attention in him? He is so cute and hot.

"Lucky for you." I faked my laughter. "Any siblings or how is your parents?" I was picking for conversation. I didn't want him asking the obvious question that might come. And I know he is thinking about it.

"Just an older brother, he doesn't live with us anymore. He actually married with kids. And my parents are OK, still together." Well ain't that good news. Maybe if my parents stayed together, I would have been in this mess with David and Mason. I am looking to far behind, I am the one who allowed it so I have to take the blame. Sigh.

"Are you OK?!?" Shawn looked at me and touched my hand that was on the top of the table.

"Oh yes I am" I didn't know I sighed out loud, his eyes were still locked on me and I blushed alittle. I am such a easy girl tho. Sigh.