What is Love?

I sat in the cafeteria in one of Mason's shirts, my jeans shorts, my combat boots and my bag pack on the table top. I didn't feel like a cheerleader this morning, Briana was sitting across from me in her uniform, studying for a math test she had. I was too busy watching my boyfriend and my step-brother to focus. I watched as Mason was getting his groove back, maybe going home was the best thing for him. He came back to life this morning. He is joking and playing around like his usual self. And I am worried yet relaxed. 

But I still have to tell him. I still have to tell him that I cheated on him, wish I could text it but i won't want anybody to do that to me so heck I am waiting for the moment. I am such a bitch ass whore right now. I am in love with my step-brother and his best friend. This is definitely a love triangle. 

"Ok, you have been staring for awhile now, it's ok to miss his presences" Briana's voice came into audio. I turned to look at her but I just placed my hand on the table. "Girl, it's ok. I'll be ok".

"Briana, that isn't the problem." I sighed as I met her gaze. "We need to talk to our friends, not because I am with him does it mean I am gonna abandon you" I rolled my eyes and tried my best to force a smile.

"Girl, it is ok. I am happy that you finally have a boyfriend. Like Damn chica" Briana laughed and I didn't want to dull her mood so I joined in. Briana  then went on about how long it took for me to get a boyfriend the last time and how I destroyed the relationship because of fear. 

"Bre, I am gonna tell Mason about David and I" She froze as she focused on me. She glanced at the boys who were roasting another member of their squad. Mason and David were like Beavis and Butthead. Everybody likes seeing them together. And Now I am gonna rip them apart.

"Riley, I don't know" She looked at me again and gave me a pouting look. "I mean yes you are cheating but...Its gonna destroy Mason and David's friendship. What if he never finds out? What if you can just look pass the mistake with David?". I sighed and I turned my attention to the boys again. 

"It's way easier to say I am gonna stop, know very well I can't resist them" I shook my head but thats when David glanced in my direction. And I know Briana was still looking when he smiled and waved. I didn't return the gesture but Briana did. "I am just gonna tell Mason the truth about how it really started and if he kills me then fine!" I sighed again but before I could remove myself to go get my soon to be ex-boyfriend, I watched as Macy approached our table. Briana glanced up and growled under her breath but didn't make it obvious. 

"Hey Riley, Briana" She seemed happy but her happiness faded every time she seem to interact with Briana who didn't answer. I shook my head and smiled at Macy. "I didn't see you this...." She started but my mind strayed to the promise ring she had on her finger and in a strange way, I believe Briana noticed it too. 

"A promise ring?" I asked her and she was quick to show me. I glanced in the direction of the guys then back to the beautiful crown ring that Macy had on. "I am so happy for you". What was David playing at? First he is so in love with me, not wanting me around Mason then he buys his girlfriend a promise ring. 

"Yeah, David got it for me yesterday. I couldn't believe it myself but he did" Macy grinned at her ring then turned to look in David's direction. "David is just perfect and I am glad he decided to stay with me." I just nod and smiled at her. I didn't know what to feel at this point. My relationship is about to be ruined and David is buying Macy promise rings. Like what the fuck tho. Maybe Mason won't find out, this will all pass and everybody will settle into the relationship they should have. 

"Excuse me" I said as I walked out the cafe to the bathroom. It was empty, thankful so I got time to think alittle bit. I stared at my reflection, searching for answers. Was David serious? Is he losing his mind? How could he do this to me? How could I do this to myself?