Face

King Edward's outfit in this chapter

Two weeks later...

"Ed...I have to go," I said reaching for the door.

"No," he said, leaning down to kiss my neck.

"I have things to do," I said.

"I don't care," he mumbled.

"Well, I do," I said, pushing him off me. "I'll see you later."

"Yeah, yeah," he grumbled, walking over to his desk.

I shook my head at him before opening the door, "good day...Sire." I said, knowing he hated it when I called him that. I shut the door, making my way down the hallway.

I walked into the kitchen, noticing my mum first, she was talking with Kaolin in the back. I furrowed my eyebrows, walking over to them, hiding behind the wall, listening to them.

"And the king doesn't know?" My mum asked in a hushed tone.

"No, of course not," Kaolin said back.

"Good, make sure he never finds out," she said.

"Finds what out?" I asked, coming into view.

"How long have you been there?" My mother asked.

"Long enough...what are you hiding from him?" I asked.

"Uh...his birthday party," Kaolin lied.

"His birthday is in two months," I said, raising my eyebrows.

"Just don't worry about it Kara," my mother snapped, brushing past me. I looked at Kaolin, cocking my head at him.

"What?" He asked.

"Nothing, I'm just thinking of what you could be hiding," I said.

"Its nothing," he mumbled, he also brushed past me, following my mother. I sighed, turning around to follow them.

"Kara." Bleu said, stepping in front of me.

"Bleu, I can't talk right now," I said, trying to walk by him.

"Are you avoiding me?" He asked, walking along with me.

"No, I've just been busy," I lied.

"Oh, well...are you free now?" He asked.

"Not at this moment," I said, trying to keep up with my mum and Kaolin.

"Oh," he mumbled, sounding upset.

"I'm sorry...we can talk later, alright?" I asked.

"Of course," he nodded, smiling.

"Great, I'll see you then," I said, rushing off. I ran after them, making sure to keep my distance so they didn't know I was there.

I heard something down the hall, I jumped, turning to see what it was, but the hall was empty. When I turned to see where my mum and Kaolin were...they were gone too.

"Great," I whispered, leaning up against the wall. I saw a shadow move down the hall, it looked like the one I'd seen the other night. I kicked myself off the wall to follow it. But this time I ran...I wanted it to know I was there.

They must have heard my footsteps, because the person turned around...I saw his face. I stopped, my eyes widening, I froze. He quickly turned around and ran. I stood there for a moment, I couldn't believe it. He was the last person I expected to go after the king.