Chapter 8

Mitch's POV

I run up the stairs, a cup of warm tea in my hand and into my room. Lilac is laying on the bed, sprawled out and looking worried.

"What's wrong?" I ask handing her, her warm tea.

"I think I'm starting to remember 3 months ago the day you got the ring." She says sitting up and grabbing her tea.

"What is it that you think you remember?" I ask.

"Adam.." Her eyes widen and her face pale.

"Adam? What about him."

He hand went straight for her belly. She patted it.

"ADAM?!" I asked in a harsh whisper.

She nodded her head. "I think so."

"WHY?!"

"I don't know! Don't yell at me! It may not be true! I may be thinking things!" She shrieked.

"I don't remember the night before the wedding, neither do you, I wonder if anyone else does?"

"We can ask them in the morning." Lilac took a sip of her tea and set it down on her night stand.

"What if Adam is the dad?! What will we tell your kid?!"

"I'm not sure if it is Adam's kid! Don't call it my kid! There is a chance she's ours!"

"Whatever, let's just sleep." I took off my shirt and got into bed.

"Fine." She pulled the covers up and moved over closer to me.

I put my arm around her waist. Her small belly getting bigger. I rub her back with my other hand.

--Morning--

I wake up. Lilac gone from the bed. I throw the covers off and run downstairs. I check in the kitchen, not there. The backyard,not there. I run back upstairs and into our room. There she sits on the bed.

"WHERE WERE YOU?!" I ask rushing over to her.

"The bathroom." Her face gave a 'Duh' expression.

"Oh," I laughed. "I'm going to make you breakfast and bring it up here. You just stay where you are."

I got up and put my hands on her shoulders.

"Wait!" She said just as I walked out the door.

"What babe?"

"Will you rub my back when you get done?"

"Sure thing."

I walked I to the kitchen. I got the pancake mix, eggs, milk and some sausage. I made her pancakes with sausage and a glass of grape juice. It took about an hour total because I burnt the pancakes a few times.

Perfect. I thought to myself as I finished putting the syrup on the pancakes.

I walked carefully up the stairs and into our room.

"Here ya go babe." I said giving her the tray.

"Thanks." She said pulling me by the neck down to her face. She gave me a soft kiss.