Chapter 48

Mitch's POV

"I'm not having mood swings!" Lilac shouts, trying to squirm out of my grip.

"Shhhh." I say.

"You never know! What if Amari turns out retarded?!" She starts to cry.

"Shhh!" I say harsher.

"Why do I have to be quite." She pouts plopping down in her computer chair.

"Stop talking, you'll be fine." I say taking a seat on the edge of the bed. I run my fingers thorough her hair.

"Fine." She says. "Can we play some Hunger Games?"

"Sure."

We hop on The Nexus and do a few Hunger Games, we don't record them though. She won the first time, the second time I won and the last time, we both died during the Death Match.

"I need caffeine." Lilac whines as she gets up and runs her hand through her hair.

"I'll make you some food to go with your tea." I say flying up out of my seat.

"No, Mitch." She said pushing me back into my seat. "I'm going to Starbucks with Jenny."

She walked out of the room. I noticed she had dark circles under her eyes, she said she had a little trouble sleeping, I'm not surprised. I sprinted downstairs after her. By the time I got outside she was in the car and Jenny has started it up.

"WAIT!" I yelled.

Lilac blew a kiss and they drove away. I ran back inside a pounded on Jerome's door.

"Mitch, you ok?" He asked opening the door with his shirt around his neck.

"No Biggums. I'm not." I said looking up. For the first time in a long while, I cried, actual sad tears.

"Mitch." Jerome said fixing his shirt.

"Jerome." I sniffled.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't really know." I said as Jerome pulled me through the door.

We sat down on the bed. I pulled up my hood and curled into a ball. Jerome sat there, rubbing my back.

---30 Minutes Later---

"Mitch." Jerome said.

I opened my eyes. My face damp from my tears. I fell asleep.

"Hey babe." A small voice said.

"Lilac?" I asked pulling back my hood.

"Not quite." She giggled.

I rubbed my eyes and my vision cleared up. "Ashley?"

"Hey Mitchell." She said giggling.

"Don't." I said putting my hand up. "Don't say my full name. Don't call me babe. I'm married Ashley Mariee."

"I'm sorry." She said, her chin on her chest.

"It's fine. Please go away and let me sleep." I said curling up on the pillows.

"Fine." She said.

I heard the door open, but not close. I felt a pair of lips set on my head. I didn't say a thing because all I really wanted to do was sleep.