Chapter 33

Jenny's POV

"Mitch, I have something I need to tell you," I say, peeking my head through his door.

"Come in," he says quietly. He's been a bit strange lately. It's only been two days since I took Lilac to the hospital.

Mitch is sitting on his bed, staring deep into his phone. I wonder if he's looking at pictures of Lilac. Or he could be texting her. Or he could be tweeting, on Instagram, or something.

"I need to talk to you about something," I say.

"What is it?" he says, turning his phone off and setting it down on his nightstand. I take a small seat on the very edge of the bed.

"Now, I'm not the doctor or nurse or anything, but, I know Lilac will be okay. The chances of her being okay are 99.99%."

"99.99%?! What about the other 00.01%?!"

"She'll be okay," I say sternly. "The baby, on the other hand-"

"That's what I'm really worried about. I love Lilac to pieces. But the baby...I don't know..."

"I know. I want her also, the baby. But the baby...she has about a half/half chance. In some cases, the baby will be fine. But in other cases...you lose her. It depends if she was healthy before or not. If Lilac was keeping healthy herself, also."

"They were both healthy."

"Yes, but the doctors aren't 100% sure about that. They're running tests on Lilac for the baby and giving Lilac the meds she needs."

"I know this."

"Yes, I just thought you should know. Get more information."

"Thanks," he says with a smile.

"No problem."

"I have a question for you."

"What is it?" I ask.

"Are you thinking of going to college, because Jerome thinks you want to and he supports you, but he doesn't want you too far away."

"Oh, no. I'm a mother, I can't possibly go to college."

"Okay, thanks. Jerome seemed pretty worried about it..."

"Oh..." I say. He was worried? Why didn't he just talk to me? "See ya." I walk towards the door and stop. I turn around and say,"I was thinking of recording, do you wanna join? Maybe we all could record Hunger Games or Cops N Robbers?"

"No thanks. Sorry..."

"It's okay," I say.

I walk back to my room and record Cops N Robbers with Adam, Jerome, Gary, Tyler, Bashur, and Ross.