Chapter 34

Lilac's POV

I'm sitting on the hospital bed, Indian style, arguing with the nurse. Her name is Kelly.

"I WANNA GO HOME!!" I cry.

"Mrs, you can't, if you go home the baby will die." Her voice is calm.

"I JUST WANT TO SEE MY HUSBAND!! NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO VIST ME!! ITS NOT FAIR!" I shout.

"Mrs. Hughes, please stop shouting, you aren't the only on in this hospital." She sounds agitated, but calm.

"IM GOING HOME!" I get up and grab my stuff that I have and pull it together.

"Please, the baby here has a 50/50 chance, at home it's a 25/75, that is living/dying."

"If you let Mitch stay here for today, then I'll stay."

"Ok, go ahead and call him." She walks out of the room and shuts the door.

I scroll through my contacts. I hit "call" on Mitch's name.

"Hello?" Mitch asks.

"Hey Mitch." I smile.

"Lilac?!?"

"Yeah." My eyes tear up.

"Oh, Lilac, dear, I miss you so much."

"I do too. But the good news is-"

"You can come home!?!"

"No, but you are allowed to visit me! You have to get here as soon as you can!"

"Oh. But visiting you is almost as good! I'll be over really soon! What's your room?"

"194, south tower. Ask the lady at the front desk, she'll lead you here."

"Ok, see ya soon."

I hung up the phone. I hit the "call nurse" button.

"Yes Lilac?" Kelly asks.

"Am I allowed to get dressed in normal clothes? A loose dress maybe? Please?" I beg.

"It should be fine, do you need any help?"

"Nope, thank you Kelly."

"Yeah, no problem."

I search through my bag and find a dress that I had in my bag. It's a straight, spaghetti strap, light pink, ruffle dress. It isn't the cutest, but it's good enough. I slip into the dress and take a seat on the edge of the bed. I stare at the door, waiting for Mitch to walk in. 20 minutes pass, nothing. I lay back on my pillow and close my eyes. No long after I close my eyes I hear the door open, softly close and someone abruptly stop walking. I open my eyes and sit up. Mitch is standing just in front of the curtains, eyes full of tears.

"Are you going to kiss me or not?" I laugh through my tears.

He runs up to the bed and plops down. He slams his lips onto mine. I feel his muscles relax, so do mine. I put my hands around his neck and he outs his around my waist. He picks me up and spins me around. We sit back down on the bed, hugging, impossible of up us letting go.

"Wanna get lunch?" Mitch asks.

"Yeah, I really want Subway right now." I said, holding my belly.